On Market and Cafe Savoy - A Great Night in Vienna

Good morning, everybody! I am home this morning because the Kid is sick. As I wrote earlier, he started to get sick on Saturday afternoon... during our mini-break... and he is still under the weather. Yesterday evening when I got home from work, his fever was at 38.7 and I was a little jumpy. I promptly wrestled him like a gator and threw some Parkemed into his mouth (as I wrote on Facebook, "It's Parkemed, not battery acid, Kid"). . After 30 minutes, he was kvetching like he usually does and his fever was down so that made me feel less guilty about meeting friends for dinner at 8, which I will get to shortly.

The Kid seems to be on the mend (fingers crossed) and that is awesome. I would also like to point out that the Husband had cute and snuggly sick kid yesterday, while it looks like my morning will be spent with Nosferatu; cranky cause he be bored. His fever seems to be going down and that makes me happy. I also am grateful that I can spend the morning with him until the Nanny comes. Well, I will be once he stops yelling at me to get him milk. Ah! Kids!

So, anyway, last night I met some friends at On Market on the Linke Wienzeile. Sidenote: until recently, I thought that this was called the Linke Weinzeile and that is probably why some people think I have a drinking problem. I have never been to On Market.. in fact I never even noticed it and I walk by there a lot. The menu online said things like "tongue" and "innards" and when I was showing it to the Husband, he pointed out that I could order a semmel. But I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived to find an extensive menu. And a wine list. We tried sips of a New Zealand Cabernet Sauvignon, a Gelber Muskatteller and a Riesling. We settled on the Gelber Muskatteller and then our night kicked off. And there was Dim Sum which made me ridiculously excited. I love me some Dim Sum. We ordered a bit of a smorgasbord: duck with thyme dim sum, pork with veg dim sum, beef dumplings, Hong Kong ribs and crispy duck with mango and curry. We ate all the animals last night. Surprisingly I ended up liking the duck dim sum (and I am usually not a duck fan) the most which either means my taste buds are maturing or this was some exceptionally good duck.

The conversation flowed, as did the wine and we were loud, so loud. A group of 4 women; 2 Americans, an Australian and a Canadian can really holler. I don't think we were the most popular group that night but we did get some smiles... or sneers. Was hard to tell with all the laughing we were doing. As is typical in a group of women, our conversation bounced allover the place. I think we covered every possible topic and most likely brokered a peace deal in some country. Whenever the Husband goes out (which is rare), I will ask him what he talked about and he will be all like "Nothing much, oh and his wife is pregnant." and I will be like "What? When is she due? Boy or girl? Omg!" and he will be all like "Don't  know. Don't know." ARGH! After our riotous dinner, we headed en masse to the toilets and and then did a bathroom selfie because why not? We still had some life in us and we decided to go for a night cap and dessert. One friend suggested the Cafe Savoy just a few doors down and when we walked in, I was amazed by the decor. Chandeliers, immense mirrors, gild and crown moulding and men. Lots of well groomed and attractive men. Very good looking men who did not give my short skirt a second glance. Oh wait.

We sat down and ordered drinks and the driest Sacher Torte to ever Sacher. We didn't miss a beat and continued with our conversation and then it was time for me to go home. It was a super great Vienna night with awesome company and great food and an awesome gay bar to end it all. And now it is time for me to go and feed the Kid and slowly get ready for work. He has his appetite back which is a huge relief. And to see him smiling again is awesome. Hopefully he will be fever free the rest of the day so that he can head back to daycare tomorrow because I have a feeling he is going to revolt soon. Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge