Twelve Week Challenge

Soooo. Here we are. June 24th. Not a bad day. It is slightly hazy. Slightly cool. It is a Tuesday. My nails are a mess because I had planned to "walk-in'" into a walk-in nail salon yesterday but alas, no space available. But I have an appointment today. Victory is mine. I'm thinking a nice coral colour. I like coral. It says "summer". Anyway, I digress. The date is June 24th. Not necessarily a day that has any historical meaning or bearing... or does it? Because I declare today the start of the TWELVE WEEK CHALLLLLLLEEEENNNNNGGGGGEEE!!!



What is this? You may ask. Well, thanks to a friend at work who I would like to openly judge for reading the Daily Mail online but I can't because I read that crap as well, the Twelve Week Challenge has been conceived. So far there will be 4 participants and I am hoping some of you join as well. The friends that suffer together... suffer together. The idea is that for the next 12 weeks we keep ourselves accountable. We work out, we eat well (any plan you choose to do is fine - I'm not the boss of you) and every Tuesday we weigh in and measure certain body parts. Below is what I calculated. Be kind. It isn't pretty (stats are in kilos and centimeters).

So, by September 9th, I hope to be rocking a modest bathing costume while being photographed with a blurry lens. I feel this will keep me accountable. And, if you feel up to it, I will proudly post your after picture on the blog because sistahs are doing it for themselves. I also encourage you to take a before picture today. Unlike me, don't weep when you look at it. Looking at a picture of myself in tight clothing is torture but it is also an excellent wake-up call. I'm AWAKE! GODDAMN IT I'M AWAKE! And now I leave you with this motivational picture quote:

Let's do this thing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge