Dis and Dat

Not much to report except that I have done the Bikram 3 times already! Holla! Does it get easier? No. Do I still love it? Yes. It really is a great thing to do and although I have no flexibility whatsoever, I do feel like I am getting a workout. A WORKOUT OF PAIN. A WORKOUT OF SWEAT. I am going again tonight. Last Sunday I roped in a friend to join me. She too enjoyed it. At the end of the class, my first instructor Phil, gave a shout out to my blog and yes, I blushed. But you couldn't tell because my face was the colour of an eggplant. Once again, I applaud the ladies in the class for their fantastic figures and dedication to hair removal. I too one day will be hairless. But for now, I have bike shorts.

Our weekend was chillaxed and great. We tried out the new Peruvian restaurant. The Husband and I shared a dish that tasted somewhat like Chinese food but whatever, we had a fantastic time. The Kid sat at the table the whole time and was just about the calmest we have ever seen him. I think he likes to mess with us. And that's fine because we got to spend an hour and a half in peace while drinking beer. And I am super pumped that we now have a place to go with him that doesn't involve me screaming "DON'T STAND ON THE GODDAMN SLIDE! IT IS FOR SLIDING! GO DOWN IT!"

In other news, if you haven't been living in a cave, the World Cup is currently on. Three games a night. It's either Dora the Explorer or attractive men sweating and chasing me.. I mean... the ball on our television. At least I have a good amount of wine in my wine rack. So last night we invited a couple of friends over to watch the Germany/Portugal game. Being me, I cannot avoid setting the table to depict a theme. And this is my half-assed dedication to football. There's grass. Fake grass. Here you can see the Kid pissed off at me that I wouldn't let him play with the chocolate soccer balls that were a key element of the centerpiece.

A closer shot.

It was a fun night. We had fajitas and lemon sorbet and the game was 4-0 for Germany. After our guests left, we watched Melrose Place and then I passed out. I originally wanted to jalk this morning but I couldn't even open my eyes at 5 when the alarm went off. So I made a deal with myself that I could sleep in until 6 and then bike to work. Sometimes my deals fall through but not this time. It helped that the Kid was grumptastic this morning and I wasn't on daycare duty. At 5 to 7, I grabbed my helmet and yelled "Buh bye!".

It has been a few weeks since I have biked to work and I am happy to say that my endurance is a lot better. However, I still hold my handlebars in a death grip and watch as people zoom past me. An octogenarian flew past me this morning and I swear she gave me the middle finger. It's on lady. Oh it's on. When I pulled up to the gate at work this time, I didn't have the urge to vomit up a lung onto the security guard - so that's a win. I will try to bike in a couple more times this week. This is all dependent on my bike ride back during bike rush hour this afternoon.

So, I wish you all a fantastico morning. May your World Cup hangovers be gentle and your Spanx be forgiving. Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge