And so it begins...

It was one of those unusually hot June days. The wind like a hot blanket and whipped at my legs as I made my way home, feeling oppressed by the sun's strong rays. I walked into our cool apartment lobby and like a dead man walking, made my way to the Mezzanine floor. I greeted my child with a hug and set down my purchases. I looked at him like only a mother can and whispered "Soon." Although only 3, he seemed to understand what I was saying. He straightened his back and "stayed strong for Mommy". Understanding my need for solitude, he retired to the living room, perhaps now more of a man.

I bid a farewell to our nanny and closed the door after her, resting my forehead on the cool wooden door. Knowing. Waiting. Knowing. After some deep breaths I made my way into the bedroom, noting how the sun reflected off the opposite building and then playing with the little pieces of glass it found in our humble abode. Like little fireflies flitting around without a care in the world. How are you little fireflies? Can you hear me?

I peeled off my silk dress and sat on the bed. A sense of malaise threatened to strike but I yelled out to an empty room. No! No I will not go into that dark night. With a heavy heart, I went over to the chest of drawers and with shaking hands, pulled out my clothes... my uniform. Pulling on the items I could feel with each stretch of the fabric, the future was clear. Like a looking glass into a world of distorted puppets. Hello puppets. Can you hear me? Waiting. Knowing. Waiting.

And then it was time... Time for Bikram.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge