Hello June!

Holy crap! I cannot believe it is already June! How is that possible? 2014 is almost half way done. I did not get the memo. My goal is to savour every minute of the rest of the year. Well, there will be some bitching, but for the most part, I am pretty zen. It's been 6 weeks since we have moved in and just this past weekend I unpacked the last box and passed over the keys to the old place and I feel settled for the first time in a long time. That's a country song title, I am sure.
Obviously he got the memo.
Last week the Husband and I went to the movies. It was incredible. Two hours of no interruptions. Total bliss. We watched Blended which we loved and therefore should be judged. Part of the film took place at some incredible resort in South Africa and I think the Husband got a little nostalgic.

On Friday night I did some super amazing Google search to find the hotel that was featured in the film. And by super amazing Google search I mean I typed in "What hotel was that in Blended?" Turns out it is a super pricey hotel and as I looked at the pictures and went "ooh" and "aah", the Husband said "We can go to Kenya for 2 weeks for half the price." Challenge accepted. So we got back on the Interwebs and searched for trips to the Kenyan coast. The Husband recognized most of the resorts and we started to think about a trip for next year. Hopefully by next Summer, the Kid will have had his spirit broken by lots of therapy (please note that this is a joke because I do not want some YOU ARE TIGER MOTHER anonymous comments on this blog) and we will be able to fly again with him. As we clicked through the various package deals, we found some good deals. I checked out the flights and said:

"Hmm. This flight goes from Paris to Mombasa."
"OK. Why do you look concerned?"
"Um. Weelll (please note that I looked at him like he was a moron. I'm not proud.) I thought we wanted to go to Kenya." Pregnant pause
"Dear, Mombasa is a CITY in Kenya."
"Oh. Well, then nevermind. Looks great! Let's book it! Should I take off my top?" Anything to distract him from my stupidity.
"What did you think Mombasa was?!" Gaaah! Smug look from the Husband.
"A country. Shut up."
"We need to put the globe back in the bathroom."
"Shut up."

And there you have it folks, I know nothing about geography. But at least I rock at pairing different shades of whites and creating incredible centerpieces? Yeah? Yeah? Can I get a high five? No? Fine.

So it looks like 2015 will be a trip to Mombasa. Kenya's coastal town. Southern Kenya. Which is on the East coast of Africa. I think.

In other news, we have an appointment with the ergotherapist this morning which should be interesting. She was on holiday because she does not yet realize that her life should revolve around us. I joke. But after 4 sessions, I am curious to get an update and am very much looking forward to the next 6 sessions. I think, somehow, it is making an incredible difference. Stay tuned!

And now for my last point. From our windows we can see the park. On this side of the park there are lovely little gardens. The garden on the corner recently had a bit on an incident. Some bricks fell out of its wall. It was a very old wall. Now, 2 weeks later, a section of the wall is being re-built. It's not a big part of the wall. In fact, it is probably about 4 feet high and 6 feet long. SO WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO BUILD!? I took this picture, because I obviously need more hobbies, after day 5 of wall building.

Not fast enough. The Husband and I have become obsessed with this wall. Every evening we take turns to go out and look at it. We discuss this wall. "When will they finish the wall?" "I don't know but I saw the wall guy working on it yesterday." "Do you think the wall likes the tacos?" It's getting a little ridiculous but I'm not sure if I'm meaning the time it is taking to build the damn thing or the fact that the Husband and I talk so much about it. I'll just go ahead and say... both. I will take another picture today and maybe make an album of wall shots. I need help.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge