The Day After Bikram

Wellity wellity. The smug is strong today. Take a deep breath in...now out...now in...yes, just suck in that smugness. Last night I wrote about my experience with Bikram for the first time. I loved it and I will be back. I was a little worried that I would wake up sore but lo and behold, I be fine. I woke up tired because I didn't fall asleep until 11:30 and of course I set my alarm to go jalking at 5:30. I did jalk and it felt good. God! The smug! So thick! The great thing about Bikram is that it is a natural appetite suppressant. Not in that super model eat tissues for breakfast kind of way but more in the I should have some fresh fruit kind of way.

One negative side effect is that my self tanner has suffered. There seems to be some white patches from me clawing at my calves to get into position. I told you I had no flexibility.. Hmm. Money making idea just hit me: Self Tanner for Bikram. I'm on it! I really hope that I can go a couple more times this week! I even took a "before" picture because I think that will be fun to see the difference. Or I might just have to Photoshop my head onto Kate Upton's body eventually. Only time will tell.

Today's food plan is yoghurt for breakfast, hummous and rice crackers for lunch and a bagel sandwich with fresh mozz and a salad. Eating light. So smug. It also helps that it is incredibly hot out. Tonight the Husband and I will have to sit down and work out our summer regarding the Kid and childcare. The daycare has officially informed us that the Kid will be kicked out on July 21st. They have also informed us that they will only take him Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Wednesday he has therapy anyway but Friday?! Apparently he acts terribly on Fridays. Oh. Really. He does, does he? Like he knows it is Friday? This is a kid who talked at his shadow yesterday. Come on. But wait, there's more! Since the Kid has been difficult the last couple of weeks, i.e. he hasn't wanted to go to the park with the rest of the kids (probably because the park outside our new place is AHMAHZING compared to the one they go to and obviously the Kid has standards), the daycare will hire an intern to lend an extra hand so that when the group of kids head out, she or he can go with them and the Kid's favourite provider can stay behind with him. O.K. that sounds like a solution except... WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE INTERN!! Am I in some bad film? Is this normal? I don't think so.
So let me get this straight... we are already paying you to watch our son and now you want us to pay you more to hire someone new to watch the other kids? Yeah... ok.

I must say that I am handling this very well. Either the yoga helped or I am still so far in denial that I will have a breakdown in a few days. I'm going to try and stay Zen. The only positive thing is that this makes for great blog material. And and and, one day I can shame this daycare because what they have put us through is shocking. Shocking, I tell you! This summer will definitely be a combination of perseverance and flexibility but we will get through it! Deep breath in... now out...now in....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge