Gay Pride Parade and a Peruvian Restaurant

Even though it has been only a 4 day work week, it has felt like a pretty long week. I'd like to thank the daycare for that. Now, according to the new rules, the Kid cannot go on Fridays. And, the in laws are out of town for 4 days so we have to juggle our schedule. Thanks daycare! You are awesome! They also want to charge us 300 euros for the remaining 14 days left for the Kid. They say it is for the intern they would have to bring in. Funny... I think there is one already there. Well, two can play that game. I have requested the Husband to ask them for an itemized bill - to show exactly what the 300 euros are for. We will see what they come up with. Then, once we are out and happily in our new daycare, I will spread the gospel of their lack of professionalism and their obvious attempt at extortion. I am not a vindictive person. I don't like to burn bridges... but this time? It's on. I kind of feel like I should get some camo gear and set up a war room in our immense hallway at home. And carry a pointer. Generals carry pointers. Or, I will be so happy to be done with them that I will wonder in a few months why I own pink camo gear. This can go either way.

I did not jalk this morning due to staying up too late. The Husband and I got into a long discussion about who was the main heartthrob on Melrose Place. You might have seen my poll on Facebook. I told the Husband that I thought Jake would be numer uno. Well, of the 5 people who responded, 3 said Billy. I find that interesting. The Husband wouldn't answer who he thought the most attractive woman was because the man can see a trap a million miles away.

"Jane?"
"No, hate her haircut."
"Jo?"
"No, too angry."
"Kimberly?"
"No, just no."

Then he refused to answer anymore and I think he has a thing for Courtney Thorne-Smith. Now it makes sense why we watched so many damn episodes of According to Jim. Ugh. Terrible terrible show.

Anyway, I was too tired to jalk but that is ok because I am heading back to Bikram this afternoon. I figure it will be a nice way to start off the weekend. At 11:30 I have to run home and relieve the Husband from child wrangling and then at 1 our nanny is coming (she doesn't usually work for us on Fridays) then I have to head back to work and then I have to leave work at 3:30 to relieve our nanny. Then the Husband will be home at 4:30 so that I can go and sweat. These types of days are exhausting.

Tomorrow is the annual Gay Pride Parade in Vienna. If it isn't raining, we will most likely head to the Hofburg and grab a place to sit on the "lawn". We will see how the Kid deals with the crowds. If we aren't blotto from champagne and heat, we might check out a new Peruvian restaurant that just opened. Now, we don't go to restaurants with the Kid. It isn't worth it. He's not happy, we're not happy, the other patrons aren't happy (yes I should not have given him a spray bottle I AM SORRY!) however, last year we went to La Favorita which was a 15 minute walk from our old place. It was a pizzeria with an amazing outside garden with a mini playground. I could drink and watch the Kid play. It was amahzing. Our new apartment is even closer so I was counting down the days until the garden would open. Yeah. It closed. To which I reacted with "WHY GOD WHY?!?"
Something bad happens, this lady comes out. 
Buuut. There is always a buuut, a new place has opened up in its place. I told the Husband that even if they served just seafood (which I abhor) I would still go just to have the opportunity to sit and drink with a happy kid. So I waited nervously and lo and behold a new restaurant has arisen! It is a Peruvian restaurant and the garden has stayed the same. Well, at least I think so. I will let you all know how it is if we go this weekend. The Kid will no doubt let us know if he likes it.

So I wish you all a merry weekend. If you are in Vienna, head down to the center for Gay Pride. Always an amazing event with wonderful costumes and people! Happy Weekend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge