Sick Kid and Finally Opening a Bank Account

Anybody who says being a mother is glamorous is a liar. It isn't. It's messy, it's heart wrenching and it's damn hard. I'm not saying there aren't incredible rewards but there are definitely struggles. The Kid is on day 3 of a terrible bug. It started on Saturday evening with a cough and he still has a cough and now fever has come to the party. The only thing that is stopping me from chest thumping and running up walls is that his fever disappears mostly during the day so that's good. Yesterday the Husband stayed home with him and he was fever free so I didn't feel like a complete asshole for going for after work drinks. I got home at 7 p.m. and of course the fever was back and he turned into the little girl from the Exorcist. Thank God I bought detergent last week.

Last night he slept but we had to give him more medicine in the middle of the night when I noticed we had the human version of a heat lamp glowing in our bed. This morning he awoke with a fever again. His fever went away an hour later and when I tried to give him cough medicine, he threw up allover me. I have a small suspicion that he has learned that throwing up will stop me from giving him medicine which he hates and now I am kind of proud at the ingenuity and yet feeling panicky too. I stayed home this morning and he has been a little doll, quietly lying on the sofa and watching cartoons. I hate this. I truly hate it when the Kid is so sick. As a parent, all you want to do is make your kid not hurt and it makes you feel so incredibly powerless. I know that in a couple of days he will be back to his happy, giggly self but for now I suffer alongside him in solidarity.

The Nanny will be coming this afternoon and since she is like family (she has been with us for over 5 years. We would be lost without her.), I don't feel so bad (still feel guilty every.damn.day yay motherhood!) that I have to leave for a few hours. Today is the day I finally open the Verein bank account. It only took about 3 months to get to this point, so yeah, I really can't miss this appointment. One of my board members will be there to sign as well and then we will head to Hard Rock since I have a meeting there to talk about the Easter party for kids with special needs that is taking place on April 8th. It won't be a long meeting since I need to be back home by 6, and make sure the Kid isn't speaking in tongues. Poor kiddo.

In other news, I am being interviewed by a Vienna newspaper next week. A friend wrote me that a reporter was looking for a Canadian and she suggested me because she thought that it would be also a great opportunity to talk about the Beacon Beach House as well and she was right! Any chance I can get to spread the word is incredible. The only thing I am dreading is the picture taking. I don't need to repeat this, but I will, I am unbelievably uncomfortable and awkward when getting my picture taken. I asked a friend yesterday "So losing 10 kilos in a week... possible, right?" and she just looked at me for a minute and said "Yes." Challenge accepted. Yesterday was a surprisingly busy day of emails. On Sunday night, I decided to write a contact I had met at the Science Ball last year. I won't go into much detail until something is decided, but I wrote him about possibly hosting an event for children with autism and he wrote back immediately. He said he would forward on the information and I am hoping something will come out of it because it would be awesome. What seems to blow my mind (a lot of things blow my mind. I am easy to impress), is that it seems that so little has been done to try and do more events for autism in this city. This city has so much to offer and a quick email is all that it would take. As my mother always said "It never hurts to ask." and I am truly following that advice. There is a caveat to that because it can hurt to ask "Dear, have you put on weight?" or "So is it alright to invite some hookers over." Painful death. Release the Kraken.

Anyway, if this pans out, not the hookers, the event, I will be over happy! It's a new term. I'm tired. Can't think much. And before I end this post to tend to my little soldier, I wanted to mention that I am kind of obsessed with Motto am Fluss now. Yes, yes, this has been a hot spot for years. I'm like the idiot who is like "There's this new show I just discovered.... It's called the Bachelor!" But to be fair, I have been going to the restaurant downstairs for years but never to the cafe. ZOMG! I love it! I met with a new friend and it was a great chat and I ordered the breakfast sandwich and I am not exaggerating that that might have been the best sandwich I have ever had: fried egg, bacon, cheese, lettuce and avocado. UNBELIEVABLE! I will be back, I will be back. It was a great place to spend an early evening and I am going to be dreaming about that sandwich for a while. I hope you all have a fab day! I hope the Kid starts to get better soon or we will be heading to the doctor which, with a child with autism, is an awful experience. I'm going to see how tonight goes and then we will decide. Wish him luck! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge