Feeling a lot Better

Thank you for all of the love. It was a rough, rough day on Thursday. But I got a decent night's sleep and although the Kid woke me up with his coughing at 5 a.m. on Friday and this morning at 6, I am happy to say that I am mostly back to my abnormal positive self and am ready to slay some more dragons. I decided that this weekend I will take it very very easy. I had to cancel a couple of events sadly but I need to be with my family this weekend and of course do things like crafts and shit. The Kid seemed to be fever free for most of yesterday until the evening. He had another low-grade fever but was in fine spirits. This morning he woke up again fever free but again he has a slight fever again. Ugh. He is drinking and today he hasn't napped so I know he is getting better. But this has been a long long week. I don't know where this virus came from and who passed it on... but I will find you.

Today has been a pretty chill day. I was going to go to Hot Yoga but I was exhausted. Instead, I hope to get a run in this evening. I like to run when it is dark. People can't see me and judge me. This morning I headed to Mariahilferstrasse to use my Christmas gift certificate I got at Christmas. I picked up a couple of things and I really wanted to find something new for my interview on Tuesday. I am being interviewed by a newspaper at the Beaver Brewing Company and I want to wear something flattering. I also want to see if the photographer knows Photoshop. I am either going to wear a high necked ruffle black dress. It says "Victorian Grande Dame". Or I am thinking black pants, vintage Blue Jays Baseball Tee with a black blazer. That says "Straight Ellen DeGeneres". Decisions. Decisions. After my quick shopping tour, I stopped at Libro to buy some paints. A friend is coming by in the early afternoon tomorrow to help make some decorations for the Tiki baby shower I am hosting next week. She is also bringing huge pieces of cardboard because she is awesome. It's going to be Tiki-tastic.

Otherwise I have spent the day writing e-mails and planning another autism event. Yesterday after work, I had another meeting and I don't want to go into details now because the announcement will be pretty exciting ... but I have to admit that I ruined Richard Gere for two young women. Now, I believe that anybody above 35 knows the rumor about Richard Gere and the gerbil. It isn't true but it was the stuff of legends when I was a teenager. Yesterday at the meeting, we were talking about rumors and I said "Just like Richard Gere..." and the two women across from me and blinked a couple of times and I exclaimed "YOU DON'T KNOW THE RUMOR?!?!" and of course I had to tell them and now I have ruined every film with Richard Gere in it for them. I am sorry. But hey, if my generation had to live with this.. the next one should as well. And to be clear, the rumor is false. You can go back to loving Richard Gere...and gerbils.

Cough. I am also excited to announce that there is over 1,000 euros in the GoFundMe account for the center. I am blown away by the generosity of people! Truly. This is incredible: and to everybody who donated and is in Vienna, y'all invited to the opening. There will be cocktails. So yes, I am definitely in a better place and once the Kid goes 24 hours without a fever, I will be in a great place. I am currently roasting chick peas and the place smells amazing because I added a ton of garlic powder. I am for once not on a diet or cleanse but I am definitely eating better. I have also turned into a tofu fan and I never thought that would happen. I'm really a cheese melted on cheese kind of girl but look at me and the healthy life choices! My only complaint is, is after eating pretty well (most of the time) these past few weeks, I do not have the body of a Sports Illustrated model already. That just doesn't seem right. But I continue on and express great joy at the fact that high necks and ruffles seem to be totally in this season! Huzzah! I wish you all a fab Saturday and stay tuned for most posts that are more positive and less Emo.

Thanks again for all the love! And tell me what I should wear for the interview. Happy Saturday! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge