Hard Rock Cafe Vienna Event for World Autism Day

Remember about a month ago when I obnoxiously posted on Facebook that I had huge news and I couldn't wait to share it? Yes. The day is here! I am so so so excited to share that together with Hard Rock Cafe Vienna, we are putting on an even for World Autism Day! After many many meetings and e-mails, it is now officially on! The idea will be a breakfast from 9:30-11:30 on Sunday April 2nd. There you can order breakfast and a euro will be donated to the Beacon Beach House from each meal. We wanted to make it a special breakfast so my friend's husband's jazz trio will be playing (the bass player used to be an ABA therapy tutor), the lights will all be blue and I am super excited to say that we will be displaying a couple of art pieces by a young artist who happens to have autism. I met his mother and him at the fundraising night back in January and I found his work very interesting and he was kind enough to say "yes" to displaying them for the breakfast at Hard Rock. It is very important to me that we continue to give people with autism a chance to thrive. In my opinion, awareness needs to also be about celebrating the very people who have autism: I am so excited about his display! I will also be making a short speech so that will be a speech of awkwardness.

The rest of the day, Hard Rock will be offering blue cocktails and also 1 euro from each drink will be donated to the Verein. This is so incredible of the Hard Rock Cafe to be doing this; to help spread awareness of autism. And I cannot wait! I will get there around 9 without the Kid this time. While this is an important day to raise awareness, it won't be specifically sensory friendly. So I am super happy that on the 8th of April, we will be having the Easter morning for children with special needs. After the breakfast, I will run home to spend a couple of hours with the Kid and then I will be back around 3:30 for some cocktails. It's a tough life. If you are interested in the breakfast, please reserve ASAP. If you can't come to the breakfast, come on by during the day for a blue drink. I will be there again as of 3:30 for a couple of hours. Drinking for a good cause? I believe in each and every one of you.

This is all very surreal. The funniest thing is that about 10 years ago, a school friend's parents owned a restaurant where Hard Rock Cafe is now. I remember going there for drinks one night and I don't think I could have ever predicted my life now. I always knew I would find something that would drive me. I just thought it would be fashion or being a trophy wife. I had no idea. I am proud of how far this initiative has come and I cannot wait to take a break sometime in 2022. I am blown away by the support from so many people. It's because I am pretty, right? Knew it! In all seriousness, this is the boost I so sorely needed. Having such a big company help me spread awareness and keep my cocktail consumption at an all time high... well, this is amazing. I am also incredibly grateful to the marketing director who is now also a friend and has been tirelessly working on finding ways to host events for the Verein. Thank you... and again, I am sorry for ruining Richard Gere for you. So please spread the word about the event if you can and definitely try and stop on by! Stay tuned for a longer post about reality TV escapism and upcoming monthly Buffy the Vampire Slayer viewing night because awesome.

I hope you all have a fabulous day and may your coffee be hot, your co-workers be awesome, your children be angelic and that you have the best hair day of your life! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge