Week 2 and a Nice Night Out and Dis and Dat

Hello Wednesday! I hope everybody is doing alright! I am firmly into week 2 of the Tova Be Toning it Up Challenge. How do I feel? Alright but a little sore. Monday and Tuesday I ran and did some Tone it Up exercises. Tonight I will get another run in and on Thursday morning I will go to Hot Yoga. I think the biggest hurdle is my inner voice. That bitch is strong "You don't have to run today, you ran yesterday." or "Have that chocolate, come on  now, you will burn it off with the run you won't do today. Muahahaha." It is very persuasive and it is incredible to know just how so much depends on your mental mindset. There are different tools I use to motivate myself and I think one of them is fear. The fear of giving up. And pressure. The fear of having posted so much about this challenge and then not completing it. I also have to look at exercise like it is a luxury. Because it kind of is.

I know, weird. But I have to realize how lucky I am to be able to fit in a run or attend a hot yoga class. I need to be grateful that just around the corner is a shop that sells fruit and veg and that I can afford said fruit and veg. I mean, yes, I can still bitch about workouts and healthy eating, but I should also show a little gratitude. Does this make sense? Yes? No? Yes. On Monday morning I woke up with the intention of getting a run in but the Kid wanted to snuggle and I just can't say no to that. I headed to work and then in the afternoon, meet a friend for drinks and to meet her adorable foster dog. We ended up at Artner and ordered lavender bubbly and I fell in love with the puppy. If anybody is looking to adopt this beautiful little dog, let me know! I had a great time talking and sitting outside. We've been Facebook friends for a couple of months because we randomly met in Salzburg when I was there in February. My friend K.P.'s husband was performing in La Boheme and we went to the dress rehearsal and after the show, we bumped into some other cast members. It was nice to finally catch up with someone who I have primarily only communicated with online. We had a lovely time and then I had to head to Naschmarkt to meet another friend for dinner. We met at Li's Cooking and I had to be strong.

I am a dumpling girl. I could say that that is my body shape too; dumpling. You are what you eat and all that jazz. In the past I would have ordered something like "Yeah, I will have a starter of dumplings, and then some more dumplings, with a side of dumplings and, you know what, just bring me some extra dumplings just in case." I can eat dumplings. But instead I ended up ordering the Tofu Hot Pot. It was delicious save for the broccoli. Blergh. I hate that devil weed. We ate our dinner and had spritzers and it was so great to finally eat outside. At one point we heard yelling and I just assumed it was a bunch of football fans, but as we headed to the Ubahn station, we heard one man on his phone saying he had been attacked by an Italian and we saw a couple of menus on the ground. Oh I wish I had seen this fight. Was it about food? Because I get that. My friend and I said good night to each other and when I got home, I put on my spandex and went for a run. Proud of me. Yeah! Tuesday morning I had to get to work early so I knew I would have to get a workout in in the evening. In the afternoon I took the Ubahn to Schwedenplatz and made my way to Fladerei. The plan was too meet a couple of friends at 3:50. At 4:08 I sent them a message with "Where are you, turds?!?" and a couple of minutes later they showed up. Boys!

We talked and ordered drinks and one friend is getting a puppy in a couple of weeks and I cannot wait! Friends' dogs are the best dogs! All the fun, zero the responsibility! We made fun of a friend in his absence. Apparently he thinks a Mexican golden shower is when you spill beer everywhere. I need to confirm this but if this is true, AHAHAHAHAHA! We also talked about upcoming places to meet for drinks. I cannot wait until the Rathausplatz film festival opens, by the way. My pledge this year is to spend more time there and to try and bring the Kid as well (on a Sunday afternoon). Good pledge. At 5:30 I had to run home and relieve the nanny. I made some dinner (which I posted about in my week recap. Amazing dinner!) and then the Kid and I took advantage of the awesome weather and took a walk. His newest thing is that he breaks into little spurts of running. While he holds my hand and starts sprinting, he looks up at me with the biggest and happiest smile that I can't help laughing at. We must make a pair: 6 year old giggling, flying down a hill, pulling on his mom's hand as she wishes she had put on a sports bra. If the Kid wants to run, then by golly, we will run. So next run, I will be putting on the running shoes and the supporting undergarments and I will be ready. Maybe running will be his thing? I get it. I can't sit still either.

After our awesome walk, I got the Kid ready for bed and then waited for the Husband to get home. I was exhausted and really didn't want to run but I made a deal with myself. "Look here, Tova. You just have to get 20 minutes in. If you are dying by 20 minutes, you can stop and head home." And I shook hands with my brain and said "deal". Of course I ended up running 30 minutes but it always is important to have a "safe word". After my run, I took a shower and finished up my Tone it Up exercises while the Husband watched Murder She Wrote. Marcia Cross from Melrose Place was in it and then Husband kept shaking his head and saying "She still looks the same. How does she still look the same?" By 10, I was exhausted and I headed to bed and passed out the minute my head hit the pillow. And now I have to get the Kid ready for Kindergarten and I have to put on my face spackle. I have to get a run in tonight and some exercises, too. Oy vay, so tired. I wish you all a fabulous Wednesday! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge