Accounting Meeting, Dinner Out and Day of Marr

Good morning everybody! I hope you are having a fab Saturday morning! I actually got a decent night's sleep so I am feeling pretty well rested which is a rare occurrence. The Kid slept well but did give me a minor heart attack sneaking into our room at 3 a.m. He is currently wrapped up like a burrito on the living room floor. He knows relaxation. Speaking of which, yesterday was the Day of Marr. I have these every few months where I pretty much do very little. Or I do whatever I want to. It isn't complicated to create your very own Day of Marr. It pretty much involves dropping your child off at kindergarten, making sure your life partner goes to work. You make yourself breakfast, then pass out on the sofa for a couple of hours. Then get dressed and walk and shop and buy yourself ice cream and I will talk more about Day of Marr in a bit. The ice cream was delicious, by the way.

On Thursday I had the day off. I went to hot yoga in the morning and then spent most of the morning watching Murder She Wrote. It was nice to relax but I was a little twitchy because I had a meeting in the afternoon. At 1 I picked the Kid up, fed him his second lunch and then at 2, the Mother in Law came over. I headed out with my snazzy pink briefcase for my meeting with the accountant. I am not good at stuff like that; accounting stuff and shit. In fact, my eyes glaze over the minute anybody says anything remotely financial. It is incredible I got a degree in Business and Marketing. Math is one of my greatest enemies... that and broccoli. Since starting this Verein in November, money has started coming in slowly and I need to make sure that everything is above board and incredibly transparent. I had asked a friend for a recommendation for an accountant and he suggested a lovely lady in the 18th district. So with my Elle Woods of briefcases, I made my way to the 18th.

The office is in a converted villa and is pretty lovely. I guess accountants do well? Just after 3, I was called into a conference room and for the next 45 minutes I asked questions. The Husband had also given me a list of questions because he knows that I would have probably spent most of the meeting complimenting her shoes and office. I did compliment her office. I received a ton of great information and I feel a lot better after this meeting. I even texted the Husband after the meeting "Aren't you proud of me for going?!? :)" because I always need praise. After the meeting I headed to Pickwicks to meet a friend for a cocktail. The plan was to have a drink and then head to Da Capo for pizza and wine. She is a dear friend that I work with and we are complete morons when we get together.  We also space these evenings out because otherwise someone would stage an intervention. Last time we went out, her husband spied her through the window walking home. He said it was like watching someone learning how to walk in flippers. We invited Office Twin to join us because we know we can spend most of the evening asking him questions about the dating world and also make fun of him. It's called projection. We had a quick drink and then made our way over to Da Capo. Another friend ended up joining us and we waited for Office Twin. Well, we ordered wine and then waited for Office Twin. Our waiter was absolutely lovely and I accidentally called him a "Little bitch". I was talking about Office Twin being late and when I said those words, I was looking at the waiter. His eyes widened and I apologized and then dropped my knife and you can't take me anywhere. Office Twin finally arrived and we ate pizza and laughed and laughed and drank wine and laughed some more. I think our waiter liked us the most out of all the tables in the restaurant. We were fun. After dinner, now just a party of three, I suggested a nightcap at Ron Con Soda because PARTAY!

I have known the owner for years and the Husband has known him for over 20 years so it is always nice to go there. It happened to be ladies night and we ordered cocktails and just had a fun last drink. By 11 it was time to call it a night and my friend S.R. and I headed to the U-bahn station and Office Twin went on to another party because he doesn't have children or a drinking problem. It was a fantastic night and I am definitely looking forward to the next one in 3-6 months. So this bring us now to Day of Marr. I was exhausted in the morning but surprisingly not dying. I had a green juice and napped and then around 12:30, headed out. I walked to Mariahilferstrasse and first stopped at Lush. I picked up a bath bomb (Big Blue) and a face mask (Don't Look at Me (is the best)) and then headed to Sports Direct. As I mentioned on Instagram and Facebook, I can never leave a sports store without buying something. I spied a cute pair of leggings for hot yoga and a discounted hoodie and a tank top and yaay! Sports gear! I paid for my purchases and then headed to an esoteric store because I wanted to buy some incense. I am not over spiritual. I have my own mantras and my own faith but I just try and be a decent person and to practice gratitude so all in all, my soul is just fine. But walking into these stores, I always feel a little out of sorts. The store was cute and smelled like patchouli. The woman behind the counter was humming along to some type of esoteric music and she smiled and asked me if I needed anything. Feeling like a middle aged Coachella going poseur, I said "incense" and she showed me where the stand was.

After paying for my lavender sticks o' fun, she asked me "You do yoga, don't you?" and I looked down at my Keds and Chanel purse and wondered if my yuppie outfit was what gave it away. I responded with "Yes, I go to Yoga Loft, they are the best." She asked where it was and then she said "Weeeell, if you want to make yoga a daily part of your life, you should try this place out." and she passed me a flyer. I assured her that I was super happy with the place I go to and the owners are super awesome and supportive so I was fine. I was also kind of surprised that there seems to be some kind of yoga mafia happening in Vienna... or a type of Jehovah Witness-like conversion programme. The things I love the most about Yoga Loft are; that it is a beachy theme, the instructors are lovely and not crazy and it truly feels like a place to get strong and to relax. I don't feel like I need to open any chakras because once that happens, I will probably be a hot mess. I am just a-ok with avoiding inner demons by making myself as busy as possible. It's not the healthiest method but it is working!!! What's my next project, apropos? Ah yes, fitness and diet. If you have read this blog for the many years that I have written this blog, you will know that I am constantly trying to lose weight or become rich. A funny thing has been happening these past few months... I am not dieting... but I am starting to lose weight. I am working out, I am eating healthier for the most part and I am drinking less. Something kind of clicked earlier in the year and it is kind of awesome to feel more in control and less of a slave to cupcakes. Do I eat healthy all the time? Hell no! But I am getting there. In the next post, I will post some new recipes and workouts that I am doing and it will be fun, right?!?

So before I end this post, don't forget to check out the March for Science Vienna next Saturday! It is being organized by the same committee that organizes the Science Ball and it is going to be great! Check out Facebook for details. Now, I am not a scientist and I can't even pretend to be one. My one little foray into anything scientific was when I was 9. I had watched Back to the Future and then went to my room and recreated the clock tower and the car and glued string to try and recreate the electricity and then I showed my dad proudly what I had done. I think it was one of those many times he thought to himself... "Well, at least she's kind". So while I might not be the next Bill Nye, I think it is incredibly important to celebrate science! Think of the new forms of Botox they might come up with! I never said I wasn't shallow! Anyway, it is time for me to go and hang out with the Kid. It looks like it will be a shitty weekend weather wise, but I am ok with that. Happy Saturday! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge