Easter Fest and Some Me Time

Hello! Good morning! Happy Sunday! Formula 1 is on and I still in my pjs and I am feeling incredibly relaxed. All the big events for the moment are out of the way and I feel like I can breathe a little easier. It has been a wild couple of months and next week is Easter and I cannot wait! Last week was pretty crazy: I worked late a couple of weeks and the Kid was a bit of a hot mess and I had that little procedure. The good news is that the Kid seems to be back to his old cheerful self so thank the heavens above. Also, yesterday was the big Easter fest for kids with special needs at the Hard Rock Cafe Vienna and I have to say, it was an absolute success!

We had a few no shows but that was fine because the turn out was still great! I got there with the Kid and the Husband just around 9:20 and about 10 minutes later, people started to show up. The Easter Bunny was already there when we arrived and I realized that my old fear of mascots started to surface. I remember in university, while walking down the street with a friend, a large mascot dressed as a blood drop (blood drive day) came towards me. He was going in for a hug and he stopped 2 meters in front of me and dropped his arms when he saw me give the look. The "look" is the stuff of legends. I only bring it out for very important moments. It is rumored to make some people cry. With great power comes great responsibility. I once had a friend ask me to give her a preview of the "look" and 10 seconds in, she asked me to stop. I warned her. But yes, mascots freak me out. I think it has to do with the fact that I can't see their eyes, or that a demon could be under there. Totally rational, I know.

But children are definitely more mature than I am and most of them went up to the Easter Bunny and interacted with him. The Kid even sat on his lap a few times. I think he thought he would give out chocolate. I was hoping he would give out little bottles of vodka. By 11, the Kid had had enough of running around the restaurant and sitting on the large red leather chair by the entrance. We had to stop him repeatedly from photobombing Chinese tourists taking pictures. The staff at the Hard Rock Cafe Vienna went above and beyond again and they are all just so incredible. One staff member was like "When's the next event?!? I want to be there for the next one!" and I suggested the theme to be Vodka tasting but that didn't go over well. I have to say that the kids were amazing and the parents were so happy. At the end, a little girl came over and hugged me and it was at that moment that I realize what drives me. I am passionate about the Beacon Beach House primarily because of the Kid, but now it has grown. I never thought I would be doing what I am doing and besides feeling exhausted and worn out sometimes, this is the most amazing journey I have ever taken.

After the event, I headed home (the Kid and the Husband left just a little bit before me) and I promptly passed out on the sofa and slept. I was drained. Later in the afternoon, the Kid and I took a walk around the neighbourhood and then I met my friend for drinks at our divey local. It was a moment to celebrate the somewhat quiet time ahead. Today I will take it easy: laundry, yoga at home, a short run and of course playing with the Kid. At one point I am picking up an old chair that needs some love. I want to make it beachy because I feel that if I start to decorate the not-yet-existent Beacon Beach House location, I will be sending good vibes into the universe... and making the Husband want to smother me with a pillow when I get paint on the floors. It is time for me to turn off the laptop and get started on some serious relaxing. The week ahead isn't too busy: one evening I have to work late, I have a meeting with an accountant who will be handling the Beacon Beach House account and on Thursday I am going to Da Capo for pizza with a friend. Otherwise I plan to workout, eat well and learn how to refurbish a chair. Happy Sunday, toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge