End of Week 2 - Tova Be Toning it Up Challenge

If you want to see pictures of food and random things I did this past week, beachy crafts, etc. please check out Instagram @tmspatz. Also, please feel free to join me for the next 4 weeks! I am not a nutritionist, a personal trainer or even an Instagram star so this is not a certified diet thingy. This is just something I custom made for me so don't sue me. Please check out this blog post here so that you understand what the challenge is all about! This recap will include what I ate, what workouts I did and what "Tone it Up" lifestyle things I did. Also, the end of the post will include how many centimeters and kilos I have (if any) lost this past week. Enjoy! (None of these pictures belong to me... because I don't take random pictures of girls in bikinis. All of these pictures belong to Tone It Up).




Well hey there! Another week down! As I did last week, this is a compilation of my exercise and food and what beachy lifestyle thingy I did or created. Last week I lost 2 kilos (4.4 pounds) but I don't expect to lose the same amount this time. Usually when starting a programme, water weight drops off easily but I don't mind as long as I continue to do this challenge. Some of my goals this week involve more veg and fruit and better meal planning. I will also continue with the same Tone it Up exercises I did last week. Next week I will add in some new moves based off of the Tone It Up YouTube videos. These girls will kick your ass. So here we go, WEEK 2!




Monday

The Kid crawls into bed around 5:45 and for some reason is a little grumpy. I had planned to get up and go for a run but he wants to snuggle and that always is the best so the run will have to wait. I decide that I can get a run in in the evening after my dinner date with my friend. I do sneak a look at the scale and am overjoyed to seem I am definitely down 2 kilos and a little bit more. Yay! I even put on a shirt I rarely wear because I am feeling less Quasimodo today. I give the Kid breakfast and get ready for work. He likes to sit on the bathroom floor and babble as I do my make up in the morning. I like to think he is telling me a story. I get dressed and then get the Kid ready. The Husband heads to work and I bring the Kid to kindergarten. I have a pit in my stomach because I know that in a few short months, he will be going to school and that is going to be an incredibly hard transition.

At work I grab a freshly squeezed raspberry and orange juice and eat some apple cinnamon rice cakes. I didn't bring in a lunch so it will have to be soup with noodles again. And I need to not eat too much because I am going out for dinner with a friend. The day goes by quickly and at 3:30, I leave work to meet a friend.

She brings her adorable foster puppy who I fall in love with. We have some lavender flavoured bubbly outside on the patio of the fabulous Artner restaurant. We talk and then at 5:30, I run to Naschmarkt to meet a friend for dinner. We had decided on Li's Cooking because a) awesome food and b) healthier food options. I decide to get the tofu hot pot. It is amazing save for the broccoli. Sorry, kids, I shall never embrace broccoli. We have some spritzers and catch up, and then I grab the tram.

When I get home, I throw on my workout gear. I have never worn so much spandex in my life. I apologize to the 4th and 5th district residents for every run I do. I do a solid 30 minutes and sweat profusely. I do my arm and tush and stomach exercises and then shower. To be beachy, I make an easy wooden bead bracelet with a tassel. I am smug with how it turned out and I am totally going to make a bunch: some for friends, some for a future beachy Instagram picture. Yes. I am tired but excited to have started week 2.

Meals:
B: Freshly pressed juice and 2 apple cinnamon rice cakes
L: Soup with noodles
D: Tofu hot pot and some wine (bubbly and spritzers)

Workouts: 5k and Tone it Up Arm and Tush Exercises

Tone it Up Lifestyle: Made a bead bracelet. Definitely beachy.



Tuesday

The alarm goes off at 6 and the Kid is in our bed. He always seems to push me over to the edge of the bed while the Husband always seems to have more space. Obviously this is a conspiracy theory. And I will be filing a complaint. I am exhausted getting up and scroll through inspiring Pinterest pictures to try and motivate myself to get out of bed. I have some coffee and catch up on e-mails. I have to be at work early so I don't have time to get a workout in. I put on my make up and then head out into the almost balmy weather.

For lunch my friend and I head out into the sunshine and since she is still recovering from her half marathon, we make it a shorter walk. I stop at Billa to get some fruit and veg (I am adulting!) and then head back to work. I have the soup with the noodles and then lots and lots of fruit and I feel very smug.

After work I head to Schwedenplatz to meet a couple of friends. I order a spritzer and the time goes by way too quickly. I run back home and start dinner. I bought quorn for the very first time and I decided "Meh, why not?" The Husband is out and I start my dinner. Sliced red pepper and an onion, some quorn and a little bit of sesame ginger dressing. Add to a tortilla with a slice of cheese. HEAVEN! I finish it quickly and can't wait to make it again. Maybe I will make it tomorrow. Yes, I think so.

The Kid is in a great and hyperactive mood so I decide to take him for a walk. I put on my budget fake Keds and we head out into the finally warm weather. As we pass the second light, the Kid decides he is going to run. He grips my hand, lets out a "whoop" and starts to run full speed down the hill. I find this adorable but I wish I had considered a sports bra. Next time we go on a walk, the spandex is coming out Kiddo. Who knows, this might be our new thing? I should buy accessories! YES! Matchy matchy outfits? YES!

We get home and I do some Tone it Up exercises. He always tries to climb on top of me when I am on the floor doing them and it is adorable and perhaps some free weight training as well? Oof. The Husband gets home and I go for a run. I am not in the mood today so I negotiate with myself to try at least 20 minutes. That's all I have to do and that seems to do the trick. Once I hit the 10 minute mark, I am happy to be running and I end up doing 30 minutes. Take that, brain! Tricked you! I get home, take a shower and then it is time to fall asleep in my sweet sweet bed.

Meals:
B: Coffee with soy milk, protein shake
L: Soup with noodles and raspberries and blueberries
S: White wine spritzers (after work afternoon drinkis
D: Tortilla with red and yellow peppers, onion, slice of cheese and qorn and honey mustard dijon

Workouts: 5k, 30 minute lunchtime walk, walk with the Kid and Tone it Up Arm, belly and Tush Exercises

Tone it Up Lifestyle: I didn't have time to make something so I like to think an after dinner walk in the warm weather is pretty idyllic. So that will be it.


Wednesday

I wake up early and decide to work on my blog. I also need to send a bazillion e-mails. It has been incredibly busy at work this week so I haven't had much down time. I have one project that is kicking my ass and when I get to work in the morning, I see it staring at me. We go for coffee (my friends and I.. not the project) and I get a freshly squeezed juice and succumb to a healthy roll. I shouldn't have bought the roll but I was starving and I guess a little stressed. But I will say this... it was the damn best piece of bread I have ever had.

After coffee, a friend suggests we walk up the 6 flight of stairs back to our office. We have done this often but not for a while. I usually die by flight 3. But the amazing thing is that when we reach the 6th floor, I am less dizzy and pukey than before. I guess I am getting fitter. I go back to my office, feeling a little smug but then I have to get to work. Thanks S.R. for making me walk up the stairs. But screw you for hiding behind my office door a few hours later and then jumping out at me. I almost passed out. You are lucky I didn't hit you.

At the end of a long day, I go home and hang out with the Kid. He is in a spectacular mood. I make him some dinner and then make myself two quesadillas. You say quesadillas? Are those healthy? They aren't the worst if you make sure to use just a tiny bit of cheese, lots of veg and guacamole and salsa and bake them. They are delicious. I put on my workout gear while the Kid watches cartoons and I start some of my exercises. The Husband gets home around 7:30 and then I head out for a run. Oh wait, it isn't dark yet. DAMMIT! I am not used to running in daylight! People will see me! GAH! Luckily by the time I get to the end of my run, the sun has set and they no longer can see my shame.

The Kid is still bouncing off the walls when I get home. I take a shower and use my new Body Shop coconut lotion. I am obsessed with coconut scents and now I can feel like it is summer during this terrible spring. Seriously, April, what the hell?!

The Husband takes the Kid to bed and I do some more exercises and now my arms feel numb and I guess that is a good thing? Time for bed and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Meals:
B: Coffee with soy milk, freshly squeezed juice and a roll
L: Soup with noodles
D:  2 Tortillas with red and yellow peppers, onion, slice of cheese, salsa, guacamole and all baked

Workouts: 5k, Tone it Up Arm, belly and Tush Exercises

Tone it Up Lifestyle: Coconut body lotion. Tropical awesomeness.



Thursday

I had planned to get some hot yoga in but I had cramps (sorry to the gentlemen readers). Yup, that's on its way. I had a tiny procedure done a few weeks ago and I am still adjusting. The pain is mostly gone so that is good news. But if the cramps are bad, I am going to avoid hot yoga this morning. That means I will have to get a run in tonight. I hope to get in two sessions of hot yoga over the weekend so not all is lost. I also have to stop myself from doing what I usually do around this time: inhale anything and everything that gets in my path. This might be my hardest challenge to date. But I can do it. So, this morning, instead of hot yoga, I will sit on the sofa and write this blog.

Yesterday I stumbled upon some instant chia seed pudding snacks. I was intrigued. I do love some chia seeds. I first heard about them from, well, that awesome chia seed pet they used to sell on TV. As a kid those things seemed so cool. That and sea monkeys. My brother finally got some sea monkeys and I think I almost lost my mind in excitement. Oh the fun we would have with these little sea dwelling animals. Yeah, they were miniature shrimp. No crowns, no tridents, just stupid almost transparent shrimp. Anyway, back when I first read Born to Run, the author talks about how the Tarahumara people have this type of old school Gatorade that is a combination of chia seeds, sugar and lime juice. I was intrigued. So I picked up a pack of chia seeds and threw them onto some yoghurt and what?! It was like chewing poppy seeds but less fun. After a little while I realized that once in liquid, the seeds became almost jelly like and then I was happy. I love tapioca so this is a decent alternative. I decide to try out this pudding pack and add water and then place it in the fridge. 20 minutes later I give it a try.. meh. Not the best, but it gives me an idea for how to use up the chocolate flavoured protein powder! This weekend is for experimenting!

I head to work in the gloom. Seriously, April, not cool. It is so busy at work that I don't even have time to grab a coffee. By lunchtime I am starving I eat the same old same old. But as of next week, no more soup and noodles. Not enough dietary benefit, too much sodium and not enough veg. Will miss you, soup.

I get home and put on my running gear. I am waiting for the Husband to get home so that I can get a run in. Usually I make dinner before but I figure I should get this run out of the way and then spend some time with the Kid. Later, when he is in bed, I have a phone date and then of course Tone it Up exercises and to do one beachy lifestyle thing. Of course, Columbo will be on which is perfection on a quiet Thursday night.

After my (awesome. No really, it was awesome!) run, I take a shower and make dinner and the Kid hangs out and babbles. I make those quorn wraps again because they are amazing. After dinner, the Husband puts the Kid to bed and I have a phone date with a friend. She lives back in the States and while I absolutely hate talking on the phone, I make an exception in her case. I sit in bed and we laugh for close to an hour. Then it is time to say good bye and for me to watch Columbo with the Husband.

I am tired and it is cold so I decide to sit on the sofa under a large blanket and work on some bead bracelets. I add shells and I love them. I will be wearing them tomorrow because even though it is under 10 degrees outside, at least I can pretend I live near a beach with these on. Actually... I can't because these aren't magic beads.

I briefly consider working on another project but then the bed calls me and within a few minutes, I am asleep.

Meals:
B: Coffee with soy milk, chocolate chia pudding thing
L: Soup and noodles (this is the last week for this lunch. I'm moving on)
D: Quorn and red peppers and onions in a tortilla with a slice of cheese and sesame ginger dressing (I can't quit you).

Workouts: 5k, Tone it Up Arm, belly and Tush Exercises

Tone it Up Lifestyle: 2 beaded necklaces with shells.


Friday

I wake up so incredibly excited that it is Friday! It has been nutso at work and all of us are tired. I am hoping next week is a little slower and a little less Ethel and Lucy in the chocolate factory. This weekend is a long weekend and I cannot wait! I check my messages and drink some coffee and look at the miserable weather outside. Blergh.

I head to work and go for coffee with friends. I decide on fresh pressed juice and a roll packed with carrots and peas and walnuts. It is surprisingly delicious because Austrians can do bread and they can do bread well. For lunch I have soup... again.. and some vegetable juice.

I finish work and head to the dodgy and divey Cafe Gitarre where I meet my friend for drinks. It is such a dive but everybody leaves us alone and the service is pretty amazing.. and the drinks are cheap. I order some wine and then my friend arrives and we talk and we talk for a couple of hours.

I head home and the Kid is happy to see me. When the Mother in Law is in town, she will pick the Kid up and bring him back to our place. It is good that they get to bond and give each other side eye. I make dinner  and and then attempt to make my hair look beachy and awesome. Now I have brassy blonde hair with spectacular roots. My fabulous stylist is away for the next few weeks so I have decided to use a temporary brown to give myself a sun-kissed look. I don't look sun-kissed right now... I look sun bitch slapped. I put the dye on just on the top and hope for the best and glad that I am high on endorphins and red wine right now. Brave. Let's see how it looks in the morning... Then it is time to watch Burn Notice. Why yes, my TV taste is that of an 80 year old retiree living in Miami and I am o.k. with that. After the show, I put on my workout clothes and... you guessed it.. head out for a run. A 35 minute run might I smugly add. After my run, I take a shower and check my hair progress.

How does it look? No idea. We will see in the morning. If you hear screaming... that was me. Nighty night.

Meals:
B: Coffee with soy milk, vegetable roll thing and juice
L: Soup and noodles and vegetable juice
S: Some red wine
D:  A bagel and an egg and a large salad

Workouts: 5k, Tone it Up Arm, belly and Tush Exercises.

Tone it Up Lifestyle: I tackle my roots and give my hair a beachy make over. A brown ombre sunkissed something look.

Saturday

Hello Saturday! My hair, well, my hair looks alright. Hurray! I actually slept decently last night and while I am still tired, I feel pretty well rested. Working out and eating well is definitely making me sleep better. Who knew? Well, many people knew. Many many. I walk to the kitchen and make myself a coffee. It is sunny outside but still freezing. So over this. I decide to work on a blog post and then the Kid wakes up around 8 (miracle) and we snuggle on the sofa. I toast half a bagel and add nutritional yeast on top. In about an hour I plan to head out for a run and we will see if it will be as awesome as last night's run.

It was. It was an awesome run. I take a shower and then putz around and then head to the vegan grocery store. After I stop at Libro and Bipa for supplies and miscellaneous things, I go home and start to get ready for the book launch.

I eat a quick lunch and make my way to the Beaver Brewing Company. The afternoon flies by (will post about the event in the next blog post) and then I go home to make dinner and of course get some workouts in. I am grateful for a quiet Saturday night in and since I am absolutely nuts, decide to do another run. I know, I know, that is overkill. But it felt amazing! Exercise is addictive. Years ago somebody told me I had an addictive personality. I thanked them because I thought that people just really liked my personality. Heh. But now I know better.

After my run, I take a shower and make a sea salt spray. Below are the details. I also try out the foam roller. I die. The Kid goes to bed and the Husband and I lie on the sofas and just enjoy the lack of having to do anything. Pretty perfect in my opinion. I try to stay awake for the Klitschko match but I can't do it and I end up passing out.

Meals:
B: Coffee with soy milk, half a bagel with nutritional yeast
L: Half a bagel and vegan yoghurt topped with coconut flakes, chia seeds and fruit (obsessed with this now)
S: Some spritzers
D:  Tomato soup, vegan grilled cheese and a salad

Workouts: 2 5k runs (overkill)

Tone it Up Lifestyle: I have a couple salt sprays: one from Lush that smells AMAZING and one from another company that smells meh. I do like the Lush spray but it worked better on my longer hair and the other one works well, but like I said "meh". So I decided to make my own spray. Some water, some coconut water, essential oils (there was one that said "Ocean"... it smells nothing like the ocean), a little conditioner and of course, sea salt. Mix in a cute pink spray bottle and voila! Operation Tubetop sea salt spray. I will give it a whirl tomorrow and see.


Sunday

Well, I made it to the end of week 2! The Kid woke up at 7 and I am now just doing laundry and cleaning up a little. I plan to take the Kid for a walk sometime today and of course Formula 1 is on this afternoon so we will be watching that. I want to do a couple of crafts and of course get a workout in. I am not going to hot yoga today because I still have cramps (awesome) so instead I will do an at-home yoga session (I can cry in privacy) and some Tone it Up exercises.

For breakfast I am having the yoghurt bowl I described above, for lunch a vegan grilled cheese sandwich and for dinner... no clue yet. I will try and fit in a bath and a face mask and discover cold fusion. Same old same old. I am also going to sit down and actually figure out my meals for the upcoming week. I wanted to be more organized last week but work got in the way. So I will definitely put together a list for next week. And also look up more exercises. Otherwise, a pretty chill day. So the big question is... how did I do? After the jump!

Meals:
B: Coffee with soy milk, half a bagel with nutritional yeast and vegan yoghurt topped with coconut flakes, chia seeds and fruit
L: Salad and a vegan grilled cheese sandwich
D:  No clue but something healthy!

Workouts: 35 minutes vinyasa, Tone it Up Arm, belly and Tush Exercises.

Tone it Up Lifestyle: Shell frame (not decided yet)



SHORT SUMMARY OF WEEK 1

End of the Week stats:

Centimeters lost
Waist: 1.5
Hips/tum: 1

Kilos lost: 1.5

Hours of working out/walking/running/yoga: 8.5

Thoughts this week: 
It was a great week! I lost 1.5 kilos which I actually didn't expect, to be honest. It really isn't about the scale in the end but it helps to keep myself accountable. Measuring is actually the best way to monitor but I like seeing the scale go down. I really do. This was a crazy week at work and I am actually very proud of myself for having stuck to the challenge. Also, considering it was my time of the month, I was able to stay on target which is something I have never done so yay me. I worked out fewer hours this week because I didn't have as much time and lunchtime walks are a great way to get some extra exercise and the weather was crap so I couldn't get more than one in. But I am hoping that next week that will change.

I also plan to meal prep for the next week and to change up some of the exercises. I am also absolutely shocked that I can run for 30 minutes and not die... which means I have to make my runs a little longer. I think I will aim for 40 minute runs now and that should be interesting. I also promise not to do 2 runs in one day.. that was a little nutso. So there you have it! End of week 2 and I can't believe it! Only 3 weeks to go! Huzzah!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge