Day 3 of the 5 Week Challenge

I decided to post this picture here for no other reason other than to cheer us all up. It is awful outside today so here is something beachy! You are welcome.

Anyway. Hello Wednesday! I am glad that it is a short week! I hope everybody had a fantastic Easter! As I wrote the other day, I am doing this Tova Be Toning Up 5 Week Challenge. Today is day 3 and even though it is snowing (snowing... in April... snowing!!!) I actually went for a run. Oh the smugness is strong today, my friends. I headed out around 6:30 and even though it was freezing, it ended up being a pretty good run. I got home and the Kid was still asleep (in our bed) so I took a quick shower and then made myself a protein shake.. which I am writing about in my week recap that I will post on Sunday. The Kid finally got out of bed around 8 and without missing a beat, wrapped himself in a blanket and headed to the kitchen for breakfast. He was half asleep and adorable and truly acting like Old Man Spatz which has been his nickname since he was a few months old. After breakfast, I got him dressed and brought him to kindergarten and wiped the sleep out of his eyes and I headed through the Arctic tundra to go to work. I was not waved to. Sigh.

I am not feeling this weather. Not.at.all. I would love nothing more than to curl up on the sofa with a glass of wine cup of tea and a good book and hibernate. But hibernate I will not! I know that the weather will get better and that soon I will be pulling out sleeveless dresses so I will continue to kick my butt... and cry. There will be some crying. There is always crying. Last night the Husband and I went on a date night. We haven't had many the past couple of years. Raising a child with special needs definitely adds to marital stress but at the same time, it can unite you. I think we are getting stronger but I would be lying if I said it wasn't sometimes a struggle. I think it is important for us to work hard and to find the time to have date nights.. who else would eat my raw tomatoes? We met at Motto am Fluss and had a really lovely time just relaxing and me talking at him. We got home just before 8 and the Nanny headed home and the Kid decided that he would lie in bed and talk to himself for at least a good two hours. The Husband and I watched Murder She Wrote and I did some Tone it Up exercises. Again, I am amazing. I passed out at 10:30 and all in all, it was a pretty lovely evening. Except for the stomach workout...

Tonight the Husband is out and I have to get another workout in. I will most likely watch an episode of Real Housewives of Toronto and may or may not think of more Tone it Up Lifestyle things I can attempt. The working out, while difficult, isn't the hardest part... the hardest part is to try and figure out what the two Tone It Up women would do... I'm guessing eating a pizza and calling your Office Twin a "little bitch" is not high up on their to-do lists. Speaking of Office Twin, today we went for coffee as well as with a couple of friends (one of which a DEAR FRIEND. S.R. now wants to be referred to as the only Dear Friend from now on and I told her that that is not happening). We soon realized that we were all wearing black except for Office Twin who exclaimed "I look like the leader!" and I said "You look like a minion." It was perfectly delivered until I continued talking... "We look like a covent." And Office Twin stopped and said "What?!"And then I realized my mistake. I meant coven. Yeah, I won't live that one down for a while.

This week, for the most part, will not be too crazy. Tomorrow the Kid's therapist will be coming for a long session so I have to be home by 4. I was originally going to get a hot yoga session in in the morning but I will have to postpone it until the weekend. Instead I will have to go for a run in the evening. I am hoping this arctic blast will have moved on by then because I cannot take another Everest run... in APRIL! On Friday is the Autism in Vienna Beacon Beach House parent evening. I can't stay too long for it but I will be there the first hour and a half. On Saturday is the March for Science and I am also hoping to have a quick meeting with a cinema guy sometime over the weekend. I make that sound exciting but literally, he runs a cinema in Vienna. There is an awesome maybe happening fantastic opportunity coming up in July and I have to see how it can work. Once I know more, I will definitely be writing about it. Other than that, a pretty decent and relaxing week. I hope you all have a fab day and stay warm. I might even end up watching Speed 2 tonight to warm up. And to be able watch a craptastic movie that doesn't require any brain power. Happy Wednesday! Toodles!

P.S. Don't forget to check out Instagram @tmspatz to see what I am doing for the Tova Be Toning it Up Challenge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge