The Week Ended Well and Ghostbusters!!

When I left work yesterday, I was all like, let the weekend BEGIN! Au revoir terrible week! Buh bye! Ciao! I headed to the main University building at Schottentor, wearing my most slimming black outfit and waited for my interviewer. After about 15 minutes I realized he wasn't coming and it was at that moment I started to cry. It just seemed like a fitting end to a shitty week. I finally decided to stop at Cafe Wortner for a drink, read some of a romance novel (covering the front because don't want people to judge) and then headed home. I sighed in relief as I kicked off my heels and hugged the Kid. It was good to be home. Of course, sensing my absolute exhaustion, the Kid started to freak out a little and to which I responded with "Jesse Fucking Cheese!" or something like that and started to cry again. Obviously this was not a fit because as soon as he saw me throw myself onto the bed, he came up and put his face to mine and it was absolutely incredible. I realized he was trying to comfort me and I felt even worse. I don't often lose my shit and pretty much never in front of the Kid and I felt absolutely terrible. I took a couple of deep breaths, started tickling him and sanity was restored.

Once the Kid was in bed, I watched some of the Olympics and marveled at the Ping Pong. My version of ping pong is pretty much trying to not wind myself on the edge of the table while I hold a beer in one hand. These ladies were pretty spectacular. I watched some of the sailing and that was pretty amazing too. I haven't had much time to watch much of the Olympics and that is sad. I usually love the Games and I really love track and field. To watch... not do. As I wrote on Facebook, I am surprised that there isn't constant impaling during javelin... and add discus leading to decapitation. I probably would be a decent javelin thrower if the goal was to hit the middle of a Tiffany's platinum diamond ring. Also, I could never be a judge because I don't do well under pressure and I would be that asshole after the athletes run through the finish line that would be like "Whoops! Forgot to press the timer! Sowwy!!" Anyway, I went to bed and finally bid adieu to this shiteous week.

The Kid woke up at a relatively civilized hour and was in a bit of a grump... but I refused to let that affect my mood. I did some cleaning and read up on the latest on Johnny Depp and Amber Heard (not a good situation, my friends) and then I noticed a caterpillar on the dining room table. I told the Husband and since he is not a fan of snakes or caterpillars, I acted all smug and put the caterpillar on a piece of paper and set him free outside of the window (shuddering of course). I turned to the Husband and said "See what a good person I am?! The things I do!" And he just rolled his eyes. It was just at that moment that I turned to look at the bouquet of flowers on the table and saw at least a dozen writhing caterpillars and that's when I went running from the room. One caterpillar I can handle, a commune of them? No, niet, nope. Buh bye! The Husband took care of it and we won't talk about that anymore.

Speaking of gross things, a moth flew up my dress the other day. It was the morning and I was making my coffee and the bugger Kamikaze'd under my dress. I did the whacko dance and ran from the kitchen. When I told my friends at work about it, one shrugged and said "Well, at least it didn't first fly out from under there." and it took me a second and then I so classily added, yes, followed by tumbleweed. Oh how we giggled and Office Twin looked mortified. So yes, right now bugs and I are not besties and probably never will be and I don't want to talk about that anymore. What I do want to talk about is that last night I went to see Ghostbusters with a friend. I have been wanting to see this for a while and it has been over a year since I have been to the movies. I was so excited. We got popcorn and nachos and put on our 3D glasses and the movie started and it was AMAZING! I laughed throughout and girl crushed on all of them and it was just a million times better than I expected and I had high expectations. Other films have tried to say that they are "feminist" but have failed. This did not! Every young women needs to see this film. Boys too. It was smart, fast and funny and so kick ass and when I went to meet my friends after the film, I was literally hopped up on adrenaline and the excitement. I am totally watching this film again. Ok, sure, I hid a few times when I knew it was going to be scary... Cameos were amazing, the one liners beyond hilarious, no fat jokes, nor slut shaming, nor romance and the fact that not once was there "girl bitchiness" or gratuitous lady nudity made it even more awesome. I love the original 2 Ghostbusters, I truly do, but this is now the 3rd one and it is amazing. GIRL POWER!! Squeal!!

After the film I met some friends, had drinks and then ended up at a random bar in the 1st. I stayed for about an hour and while the music was fantastic, I realized it was time to head home. I now feel like my crazy time is slowly coming to an end. I am hanging up my stalking hat (until a new opportunity presents itself, I am only human), not going to go out as much and really focus on getting stuff done. Sure, I will still go out but not as much. It was a good summer and I know I have been procrastinating and now it is the time to watch a film that inspires me to work hard: Legally Blonde. I wish you all a fabulous Sunday. Tomorrow is a public holiday but unfortunately not for me. Enjoy your long weekends or your holidays or being back at work on Monday. Life is short, enjoy it while you can, but also remember that you are no longer 18 and able to still pull all nighters. This is a life lesson I have learned. Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge