150,000 Blog Views and Buh Bye August

Hey you guys!! Hey! I reached 150,000 blog views! That is incredible! I have been writing this blog for just over 4 years and it has become a labor of love. I love being able to write down my thoughts and use gifs and I think I would be lost without this outlet. I truly love that I can write whatever I want to and while I might not be the most popular blog, I know that I have some consistent and supportive readers and for that, I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. When I first started the blog 4 years ago, it was light and fluffy and all about me losing the baby weight and using self tanner. I never expected that my son would be autistic and that my life would forever be changed. This blog has turned into a very public diary and thank you for joining me for the ride. I once in a while get messages and comments and it truly means the world to me. It's been a rough ride but the most exciting and rewarding one. I have changed, I have grown and look at me, still losing the baby weight. My baby is what, 67 months now? Heh. Again thank you for reading and for the support. It's amazing to know that I have people "virtually" in my life. And if you are stalking me from afar.. thank you. You know how much that means to me. Heh.

Gene wilder passed away which is ridiculously sad. This man was such a staple in my life in that Young Frankenstein is my family's Christmas film. I think I have watched it over 30 times and pretty much can quote every line from it. "What hump?" or "What KNOCKERS!" "Oh, thank you, doctor!" and I can't ever hear the word and not think "Roll, roll, roll in the hay!" Gene Wilder was a comic genius and such an icon. 2016, you gotta stop with all the losses of idols. STAHP!

The sleep training with the Kid is not going great. He is obviously suffering from separation anxiety and while I don't really care if he somehow sneaks into our bed when we don't notice it is more bedtime that is driving me nutso. In the past, we would put him to bed and he would stay in his room. Now, he comes out every 30 seconds and as soon as one of us gets up, he goes charging back to his room. Bad for my nerves, good for my glutes. I of course wrote the above shortly before he had an epic fit last night. The Husband was out, and I put the Kid to bed. He had been difficult most of the evening and then he lost it. Fits are the worst. We had one 3 weeks ago and now another last night. We went months without any fits and now 2 in a month? Give me strength. They never get easier and last night's was awful. It isn't a temper tantrum... it's worse. You have to restrain your child so they don't hurt themselves or you and it is completely heart breaking. It lasted around 30 minutes and then he ended up passing out on the sofa and I went into the kitchen. I cried and had a drink and posted about it on Facebook and so many people were awesome. So thank you, everybody! You saved me from singing "The sun will come out tomorrow!" while drinking heavily and considering dying my hair red. The Kid is totally fine now and I am not. But I will be. Thank you to my friend L.G. who sent me this GIF last night. Totally applicable.


And if this week couldn't be any more shitty, I screwed up my heel on Monday night when I was out for a run. I think my running shoes have given up and now I am mincing around like a character from the Binding Chair. I'm even wearing a stupid bandage but at least it matches my outfit. Hopefully tomorrow after work I can buy a new pair of running shoes because I only have 4 more weeks until the Night Run. PRESSURE! Right now I am at home because I had to pick up the Kid from kindergarten since our nanny has an appointment. She will be coming by at 2:30 and then I have to go back. I feel like I need one of those red line maps from Indiana Jones, showing today's travels. Tonight at 7 I am meeting a new friend at the fabulous craft beer place Fassldippler for some drinks. I am looking forward to an evening out and with no screaming and hitting... hopefully. It will be the perfect way to end August. There were definitely some highlights: birthday parties, nights out, a weekend trip away. But the fits and the bad sleeping were craptastic. I always find August to be a bit of a weird month and now I can really start to get excited about September and my favourite: Fall. On Friday I am off work and in the afternoon I am heading to the Craft Wines wine tasting event. I cannot wait! 91 wines to test? Challenge accepted. I also will most likely be recording my experiences and thanks to some friends' suggestion, make it into my very first podcast which is an exciting thing to try. I have to go and buy a dicta-something whatsit first and unfortunately that means no Zombie cookie jar for me. For years I have been desperate for a Halloween cookie jar and it was only just until recently that I found a somewhat affordable one on Amazon. But... it is 40 euros and I am on a budget so maybe next year. I will never forget you COOKIE JAR!!

I wish you all a fabulous last day of August! May September bring sanity and an official Verein with the name Beacon Beach House. Happy Hump Day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge