Hello August and Summer Bucket List

Holy crap! How is it already August? I feel like the summer is flying by and I am not doing enough! I need some more late summer nights of cray cray and definitely more swimming... much more swimming. And I am a lot more comfortable swimming in public ever since I bought a new bathing costume. Paired with a skirted bikini bottom, my new top hides as much skin as possible. It is a zip-up top, black (slimming) and looks like a scuba suit without sleeves. It says sporty Morticia and I love it.

I feel like this is my last month of kind of relaxation. Sure, I have a lot of work to do but I know that come September, MADNESS... or at least I am hoping for some good madness. This is the last month that I use self tanner and wear colour. Come, September, I embrace all things autumnal and start getting ready for my most favourite holiday: HALLOWEEN! But I cannot allow myself to wish the summer away. I need to make the most of this next month and visit Rathausplatz, get myself invited to a bbq and of course take a boat ride or something. I also need to finish up my summer reading. I have already read the Great Gatsby, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and next up is Under the Tuscan Sun. The book is nothing like the movie but I love both. The recipes in the book are fantastic and it is all I can do to restrain myself from buying a small abode in the country side and fixing er up. Never gonna happen because you should see how I build Ikea furniture. Instructions are just suggestions in my world. (By the way, this gif below is EVERYTHING!)

Speaking of books, the fabulous L.D. totally figured out which book I was talking about yesterday. It is called a Royal Pain and it was one of my most favourite books ever! I looked on Amazon and unfortunately it is out of print which makes me sad. One day I will find that book again and read it. Such a fantastic book for pre-teens or a woman in her mid-30s. Man. I want that book so badly. Now I am a little sad. This week is not too busy. I am continuing my interval training for the Night Run. I got a run in this morning and I took one last night after a couple of drinks with a friend. In my mind I was a gazelle, yet in the sober cold light of day, I don't think I was. At least I didn't run into any walls (re: last year after the Concordia Ball). Just about 8 weeks until the Night Run! Oh dear lord. Tonight I will be having a quiet night at home, doing a little bit of work and trying to get the Kid to not sneak out of his room after bedtime. On Wednesday I am heading to the Beaver Brewing Company for dinner with a friend and on Friday afternoon I am meeting a friend for some advice about starting up the center in regards to the registration of the center. It is all very overwhelming and I need to just bite the bullet and get it done. I have currently three dream locations in mind and only one e-mail address for one place. Tonight I will send an e-mail asking about the rent and fingers crossed it isn't out of my league. Well, at this point, 50 euros would be out my league. I am doing my very best to not spend money and I have to put on horse blinders while passing all the sales. I figure I will survive not buying myself anything pretty for a few months but by all means, feel free to send me presents.

I feel like I have 4 weeks to make this summer memorable. What could I possibly still do? Let's see what the Internet has in terms of a Summer Bucket List. Oh look! Thank you, Pinterest!




Ok, I can do some of these. Whale watching might be a bit of a challenge but I will figure it out. I reserve the right to change a couple of these because, for example, a) no drive in movie place in Vienna or, for example, b) not sure where I can float down a river in an innertube. But I am creative so I will figure this out. What can I aim to do this week? I think I will have a rootbeer float... and does sitting on a patio count as a picnic? I think yes. Anything else I can add to this list? Any other must-do summer things? Let me know! Happy Monday and hello August!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge