A Nice Weekend and the Week Ahead and Sending Another Apology E-mail

Oh man was I weepy this morning. I don't relax much. Sure, there are afternoons I will chill on the sofa and watch cartoons with the Kid. And I usually get on average 7 hours of sleep (rarely continuous) but when I plan a time of rest, that time of rest better happen or else it is a little like "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" The other week, I had a planned day off to just chill on the sofa and watch Murder She Wrote and take a mid-morning nap but the Kid was sick so he was at home with me and there was no napping to be had.

I was a tad upset. Just a little. A teeny tiny bit. Yes, the Husband got an apology e-mail. Then there was that Tuesday morning last week that I wanted to sleep in and then the Husband assumed I was taking the Kid to daycare and he just left and that turned me into a harpy. And then, then! This morning I had planned a morning of self pampering at home because I have to start work at 2 today and work past my bedtime and I was all geared up for some Jessica Fletcher and that dumb Sheriff Metzger and BAM! sick kid. OH THE WORDS I SAID OUT LOUD! There was chest thumping and tears and sentences like "IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK TO HAVE ONE FREAKING MORNING OFF?!?!" or "I CAN'T JUST TAKE ANOTHER DAY OFF MR. I HAVE SO MANY HOLIDAYS SAVED UP BECAUSE I AM A SAVER AND I COULD TAKE A COUPLE OF MONTHS OFF IF I WANTED TO LOOK AT ME WITH MY WEEKS OF PAID LEAVE LA DI DAH!" Yeah, I guess I will be writing another apology e-mail this morning.

I think I get so riled up because I do work so so much. And that is kind of my fault. I love spending time with the Kid but I do need some alone time because as history shows, I can kind of be a bitch if I don't. Outside my full time job, I am currently writing 5-10 e-mails a day, working on a kick ass business plan, and setting up meetings - in addition to spending time with my family, my friends and figuring out how Katherine Heigl went from a hit show to doing commercials for kitty litter. So these planned mornings off are so important to me. But hopefully in a couple of years, I can finally sit back a little and put my feet up a little... until I discover a new passion. Hopefully sleeping?

Besides my Cassandra performance this morning, it was a pretty great weekend. I had a great night out on Friday. On Saturday I went to hot yoga and then in the afternoon, we took a family walk. For dinner I made vegan fajitas and they were OUT OF THIS WORLD! The tofu totally worked and I ate many many fajitas. Sunday morning, we woke up early to watch the first Formula One race of 2016 in Melbourne and it was an amazing race! I have been a fan since I was about 13 and even the Kid seemed a little interested in it. I was invited to brunch at Guest House with some friends so I headed there mid-morning and while I totally wanted bacon, I stuck to bread and hummus and of course, a couple of mimosas. I headed home feeling full because I had a lot of bread with my hummus. In the afternoon we wanted to take the Kid around the park on his bike but he took off straight for the playground and then I went home to do some laundry. The Husband brought back the Kid, he went to the gym and then I took the Kid on our normal walk around the hood. In the evening he was stuffed up but I assumed it would pass. Obviously it did not. We ordered some Indian food and then put the Kid to bed and watched an episode of Burn Notice. All in all a great weekend and I was really really really looking forward to this morning. But alas, it was not to be.

I wish you all a fabulous morning. Luckily our nanny can come earlier today so that I can get some lunch and maybe a little shopping in (treat yo'self) and then head to work where I will mainline coffee and try and stay awake. Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge