A Chill and Fun Weekend

Hello Monday! Looks like the sun is coming up but according to the forecast, it is going to be a cold-ass day and that makes me sad. I am ready for warmer days and lighter coloured fashion and open-toed shoes and sitting on terraces and drinking Aperol spritzers and Hugos and getting my fake tan on again. But I will have to be patient. Tomorrow is the last day of my 30 day yoga challenge. It is pretty exciting to reach this milestone and I am proud of myself for doing it. Sure, there were some days that I did a short session of about 10 minutes because I just could not Downward Facing Dog after beer but I did it. Tomorrow's post will be all smug and stuff.

On Saturday I had my interview with FM4. The Kid ran around and will be the background noise of the interview so that should be eclectic. The interview was about 10 minutes long and I am not sure what I said... but at the end, the lovely Joanna Bostock said I did a wonderful job and I said "Yeah, I pretend to be interviewed by Oprah every morning..." Shut up, Tova. Gah! To quote a friend the other day "The stuff that comes out of your mouth sometimes..." Yeah, I know. The rest of the day was spent with the Kid. I took him on a neighbourhood walk and then in the evening, I headed to a friend's for margaritas and guacamole and nachos and it was a wonderful ladies night. I headed home just after midnight, read for a little bit and then fell into a deep sleep.

In the morning, the Kid dive bombed me at 6:30 and I spent a good hour on the sofa watching him zoom around the apartment. It was the Husband's birthday so I gave him a card and a present. He does not like celebrating his birthday and after so many years of surprise parties and regular parties and dinners out, I finally conceded and just stuck to what he wanted. We spent the day at home because it was grey and cold and the wind was narsty. In Vienna there is this infamous wind called the Foehn which is pretty much the most annoying wind EVER and you know you have become Viennese when you start to bitch about it. It is this unrelenting wind that pelts at you and there is a belief that this wind has been known to cause madness. Well, you know what it does cause? My make up to run down my face as my eyes water non-stop. When I dropped the Kid off at daycare this morning, his provider raved about how wonderful he is doing and I think she thought I was tearing up but really, it was that blasted FOEHN!!! CURSES!

Anyway, today I have to work late and then I will grab some food with a friend and most likely head to a concert at Chelsea Bar if I am still awake. It is a friend's brother's band and I am pretty sure I will not blend.at.all but as I always say when I am about to head to something completely out of my comfort zone "Meh, it will make a great blog post." I wish you all a fabulous Monday! The trees are starting to bloom and in a couple of weeks, Vienna will be transformed into a beautiful green garden and outdoor terraces will start to be set up and then I will be switching my winter wardrobe for my summer wardrobe and I will have to continue to diet and do yoga because sleeveless season is coming! Happy Monday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge