So Exciting!

Good morning everybody! It is a sick house right now and boy oh boy what fun! The Husband has had a cold since the weekend and now the Kid is sick. I am doing everything in my power to avoid getting sick because on Saturday is the Vienna Ball of Sciences and I have been looking forward to this for a very long time. Squeal! And nothing is going to stand in my way (said with an ominous voice while holding a diamante earring. Should I wear diamante earrings with the dress? Or maybe a large diamante necklace instead? Hmmm.) Oh right, NOTHING IS GOING TO STAND IN MY WAY!

Yesterday evening I completed my 4th session of Bikram in a row. As I mentioned earlier, I am giving myself a 7 day challenge. Yesterday I briefly saw one of the owners of Yoga Loft and he said "You are back! And back-to-back sessions, too!" and I responded with "Got a ball dress to fit into!" and then I regretted saying that because he is a yogi and they love nothing more than to hear that their incredible meditative classes are being attended because #sovain. Sigh. At least he laughed. And then probably internally judged me. Last night's class felt great and I am pretty amazed that I haven't talked myself out of going yet. On Monday night it was HAWT. After that class I said to my friend E.K., "Was that ridiculously hot? I mean, more than the usual ridiculously hot?" and she agreed and I never thought that I would feel even hotter in a Bikram Yoga class but look at that.

After yesterday's class, I walked back home, took a shower and sent some e-mails. I have spent half the night checking the Kid's fever because I am paranoid whenever he is sick. It is almost the one year anniversary of his febrile seizure and why yes, I am a little overprotective. At 4 this morning his fever was 38.6 so I whipped out the good old American fever reducer I bought while in New York and gave some to the Kid. He acted like I was giving him battery acid and I realize that he just is not familiar with the fabulous taste of medicinal grape which tastes like "purple". Ahhh, purple flavour, you are the best flavour of them all. He is currently in our bed, with the Husband and they are trying to out cough each other. Fun times in this casa, I tell you! In about an hour I will head to work for some peace and quiet and knock back as much vitamin C as I can. Again tonight I will be heading to a Bikram class and as soon as I am finished, I will crawl into bed and try to sleep. Preferably wearing a Hazmat suit.

So anyway, you have probably seen by now the very very exciting news about a very interesting speaker coming to Vienna. On Saturday I received a message on the Autism in Vienna page from a Canadian who is temporarily living here. She is the former assistant of Mike Lake, a Canadian member of Parliament. He is well known for his advocacy work for autism awareness and since he will be in Vienna in February, he wanted to see if there was someone to talk to about autism and well, I was found. I am so incredibly excited to have such a prolific person come and talk to the community here and I am expecting a very large crowd. This event is open to anybody and everybody and I think it is a major coup for autism awareness in this city. Once I find a location, I will post more details and SQUEAL! BIG HUGE DEAL!

Yesterday I met the woman who contacted me and she is super lovely and has been involved in autism since she was a teenager. She attended a school which had an autism-specific programme in Canada and she said it was an amazing experience. This is just more proof that integration and awareness is key and vital to our society! Her message came at the right time because I have felt that things have been at a bit of a standstill and I was getting a little antsy. So let me know if you would like to attend this event on February 9th in the evening. It is going to be INCREDIBLE! And yes, I will be giving a speech and this time I am actually writing one instead of winging it a la Bridget Jones.

I wish you all a fantastic Wednesday! Tomorrow night I will be attending an event that will be hosting Nein Quarterly, a special guest of the Vienna Ball of Sciences. You can find the event on Facebook and I suggest you come and tell me I look pretty. I mean, come and enjoy the witty remarks of Nein Quarterly a.k.a. Eric Jarosinski. He is highly intellectual so half the time I "oh ha ha ha." and then PM a friend in panic living in New York asking "WHO IS KAHN?!"

Have a fabulous day! Time to moisturize myself with hand sanitizer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge