A Bikramy and Crafty Weekend

Hello Sunday night! How goes it? It was, for the most part, a pretty chill weekend. Because as of now, it is go time. Well, it is going to be much busier. Next Saturday is the Vienna Ball of Sciences and the weekend after that is my joint birthday party with Office Twin. So hard being a socialite... so hard. Darn full time job getting in the way of my fabulousness.

The Kid is in bed and fingers crossed he actually sleeps well tonight. The last few nights he has come into our room at 3 in the morning to serenade us. Yesterday he was in such a foul mood that when he started to fall asleep at noon I weighed my options; let him sleep and face a terrible night, or keep him up and deal with a soap opera star on speed. I decided for the former and I was even able to take a nap too which was total bliss. But yes, last night was a bit of a mess. Today we decided to keep him awake and oh was there spitting and anger when he tried to take a nap. But we made it and now he is in his bed and surprisingly quiet. Fingers crossed.

On Friday night, I was invited to a friend's birthday party. She reserved a place deep in the 18th district and funny enough, on a street I used to live on. I wrote a friend who was also invited and asked her how she was getting there; dog sled or snowmobile. She said she planned to take a taxi with her husband so I said I would join. We met at Wien Mitte and I asked if anybody had brought snacks for the trip. We made our way with our very nice taxi driver and as soon as we hit my old street (we lived on it for a year back in the 90s) I started getting nostalgic. "And that was our old apartment. And that is where my doctor was. And up there is an old church. And my friend lived there. And on the left is a beautiful park and there are deer there. DEER! BAMBI!" Oh the memories. Sing it, Babs.
We pulled up just after 7 and I realized that I had been to this restaurant before back when I was a size 4. The birthday girl arrived at the same time and we walked into the lovely place. We had a room in the back and a large table for 20. We ordered drinks, the service was impeccable and yes, I did not eat a vegan meal. For over 2 weeks I have been animal product free but this restaurant had no vegan food at all so I compromised and had the eierknockerl... and walnut ice cream. Oh, so good. So so good. I totally want to go back to Steierstockl because somebody ordered mohn knockerl and I didn't see that on the dessert menu and I am jealous. So very jealous that I even took a picture of it and put it on Instagram. At the end of the lovely evening, we ordered a taxi and headed back into town and I crawled into bed and read more of Perfume which continues to be creepy as fuck. Again, excuse my French.

The next morning I pulled myself out of bed and desperately looked for my Bikram yoga gear. It has been MONTHS since I have been and I decided last week that I would do a 7 in 7 Bikram challenge. Usually one does a 30 day Bikram challenge but I decided to start small and do 7 days in a row. So Saturday morning I headed down the street to my my favourite place to judge myself and sweat. Yes, it is good to be back.


I minced back home after the class and took a shower and then squealed at delight at the sudden snowstorm because that meant I didn't have to put on a bra for the rest of the day. Forced snow day! YAY! In the afternoon, as I was doing some sewing, I saw that I had a message on the Autism in Vienna page. I opened it up and was so so so excited to read the message. Turns out that a very interesting and important Canadian will be in town soon and he is closely associated with autism and it seems like he wants to host a presentation about the topic and I cannot wait to disclose more information shortly. I think it will be an incredible boost to autism awareness in this town so stay tuned for that event! I am meeting someone on Tuesday to discuss the logistics and the event will take place in the second week in February. Yaaay!

After a rough night of sleeping...agian, I got up and packed my bag for another session of Bikram. Today it was definitely harder but it felt even better. Especially since I didn't want to keel over and die. After Bikram, I headed home for a shower and then looked at my ball dress. I tried it on and thought "meh". I tried it with a belt and I thought "Wow, I look like a Burmese python who just had a large lunch." Suddenly I was hit with a thought and I decided to add a long flowy sleeve and voila! Here is the dress. It looks a lot better on Merle the Dummy than it does on me but it will work. I hope that come Saturday I won't look at it in disgust and say "Screw it! I am going to go buy a dress." It looks good in the picture but to quote Chere Horowitz "It's a Monet. Great from far away, a mess up close." So if you see me at the ball, just tell me my hair looks pretty.
I would write more but the Husband and I are about to watch our Sunday night show obsession; Born to Kill. It scares the crap out of us but it is great! And so I wish you all a great night and a good start into the week. I have a feeling it is going to be a good one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge