Lazy Weekend

It was a weekend of grump for me. It was nice, it was chill, we had no plans and ergo I was fidgety and unable to relax. It was the first weekend in a long time that we haven't had real plans regarding hosting, brunching, parties or projects. I have realized, after a few sessions of therapy, that I need to be busy lest I get stuck in my head and confront any chapter of misery lurking down below. This, I am assured, is normal. Wonderful. But when I wasn't busy kvetching over the weekend, there were definitely some highlights. The Kid, as usual, was a blast. He makes me laugh and he makes me cry because deep down inside is a person ready to say "Hey world, I AM FABULOUS!" He has such a sense of humour which is not lost on me. When he finally begins to talk in an understandable language, I just know that I am screwed. And screwed in a good way. Last night, as I believe, he was trying to go to the toilet in my closet (a) he is a cat and (b) he is still in diapers, we had a conversation as follows:

Me: Raphael, do I have to change your didi (diaper)?
Him: NEIN!
Me: Raphael, do you have to go to the potty?
Him: NEIN!
Me: Raphael, do you want to read a story?
Him: NEIN!
Me: Raphael, would you like some chocolate?
Him: (pause)... Biiitttteeee.

Ha. Smart kid. We also had a nice Saturday afternoon at the Rathaus. Every summer, the city of Vienna puts on a "film festival" in front of city hall. The Rathaus is a gorgeous neo-Gothic building on the Ringstrasse. In the evenings they play musical numbers on a big screen and there are food stands on either side of the square. Since we have a toddler, we have to stay on the grassy bit on the side so that he can run, run free and not piss other people off. If you haven't gone yet, do so. Order a berry bowle and get drunk off fruit. Yes.
Maybe one day we can join the other adults and finally sit on chairs

Since I was at the beer stand for my favourite cherry beer, I also decided to pick up the world's largest cheese pretzel. CHECK IT OUT. It's an arty farty picture. I have titled it below.
Through the looking cheese
After our little outing, we headed home, ordered pizza and watched some tv. I put both gentlemen to bed and then relished my no-talky time. I relished it by doing something stupid. Stay tuned for that post.

Sunday was as the Austrian's call wechselhaft - loosely translated to mean schizophrenic weather with a chance of multiple personality disorder. The Husband and the Kid headed out in the morning so that I could clean the floors and do laundry.
No dryer, no problem. I'm brilliant!
In the afternoon a friend came by to pick up a tunic dress I sewed for her. She is right now en route to Spain to partake in the famous pilgrimage. She be nuts but I admire her chutzpah! And I wish her all the best! I won't lie, I'm kind of happy it is Monday. I need to get out of this rut and back to Bikram. Woe is me is definitely not my style so onwards and upwards! Happy Monday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge