Food Inspired by Films - The Beginning

So, as I wrote yesterday on the Operation Tubetop Facebook page (like my page, it makes me feel good), I have decided that once a week I will make a dinner inspired by films that I love. This isn't about films that are just about food, but rather, films that will inspire a dish. I'm pretty excited about this idea because I feel like I have been in a bit of a rut food wise. There is only so much I can do with a bagel. This idea came to me as I picked up my old dog eared copy of Under the Tuscan Sun. The book is filled with recipes and I thought to myself  "I should try these" and then I thought some more and said out loud "By George! I have a splendid idea!" and then I had some more wine and then planned to start this "challenge" the next day. And now it is the next day and I have to follow through.
Oh God Rebecca, she is going to do another challenge and we are all going to pay.
As we watched Brazil get pummeled by Germany in the World Cup, I decided that the first attempt at Food Inspired by Films would be based on Under the Tuscan Sun... go figure.
Oh my God! I am totally unfriending you on Facebook you, Bitch!
Instead of using a recipe from the book/film, I want to get creative and make my own dish.. inspired, non? So after work I will dash to Naschmarkt and look for fresh handmade ravioli, sage, ciabatta, buffalo mozzarella and rucola and of course, for the table, sunflowers.
I might just end up here saying "Screw it, I'm the boss of me. Let's order Chinese"
No doubt the Husband will come home and be all like "Brought MacDonalds! And you say I never do anything nice for you!"

Tonight's menu is:
Ravioli with butter and sage
Bruschetta with buffalo mozzarella and basil
Rucola with a vinaigrette
Italian wine

I'm kind of pumped about doing this. And I also need some film suggestions, so help a sistah out and let me know what your favourite film is! Grazie!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge