Friday!!

Woot! Friday! It felt like an oddly long week that went by quickly if that makes any sense. If we are friends of Facebook you probably saw once again a rant about the daycare. If not, here is the quick summary: picked the Kid up at lunchtime, was told by two ladies there that he was an absolute terror and nightmare, I cried and got angry and ranted about it to my awesome friends. I'm calmer this morning after wine last night. At least I know that today the Kid will be at the Mother in law's having a blast. Every day he is not at the daycare is a good day. (Update: due to the rain, the Mother in law is at our place. Still a good day)

Last night the Husband and I had a chill night. We ordered pizza and watched Melrose Place and for the first time in a week, the Kid only got out of his bed twice. This past week has been a test of patience with him at bed time. He loves to go to bed but then after a few minutes, he wanders into the living room silently, shuts the door behind him and sits on the sofa. Kind of looking like this.
They can't possibly notice I am here.
This has ended up becoming an exhausting game of bringing him back to bed over and over and over and over again. Last night I decided to give him some glow sticks and it finally worked. If you have an amazing memory, you will remember that quite a few months ago he actually bit open a glowstick but I figure he has matured... (I did go into his room a few times to make sure it didn't look a rave had exploded in his bed. It didn't. We are all good)

After we watched Melrose Place (Billy just got a job offer in New York. Oh no! What will Allison say?!? Could this be the end of the wonderful and amazing couple known as Billison? Stay tuned.) I switched the channel. Transformers III was on and I don't know why, but we started watching it. Neither of us are into these types of films but we were sucked in:

The Husband: Good robot or bad one?
Me: Good robot... I think.
The Husband: Who is driving the Impala?
Me: I think that's a Transformer.
The Husband: That is? That doesn't make sense. And come on! That building would have been destroyed already! And that, that parachuting? Not realistic at all.
Me: Are we going for realism? Really?
The Husband: This movie is so stupid! It is not realistic at all. God! It is so stupid!

Ten minutes later

The Husband: The Transformer cartoon was so much better! They looked friendlier.
Me: WAS THE CARTOON THIS GODDAMN SCARY?!? JESUS!
The Husband: No, can't be. It was the 80's. NO! There is no way you can shoot glass and break it at that angle. This is so stupid! (Lies down on sofa with fingers in gun position to demonstrate the unrealistic nature of this film) The angle is way off!

Ten minutes later

The Husband: Good robot or bad one? He looks scary.
Me: THIS FILM IS FREAKING ME OUT! ISN'T THIS A KID FILM?!?
The Husband: No. No way can that Transformer take on that huge worm thing. No way. This is so stupid.
Me: TAKE OFF YOUR DAMN HEELS YOU MORON!!!
The Husband: This is the dumbest film I have ever seen.

Ten minutes later

The Husband: Hmmm. Optimus Prime. Not bad.
Me: She really should take off her heels. They look practical but after all that running she is going to be in pain. But then at the same time, there is a lot of broken glass.

Ten minutes later

Credits roll.
So unrealistic!
Honey, it's a film about robots with feelings.

So that was our Thursday night. We are wild. I am very much looking forward to a quiet weekend. The last two weekends have been party-riffic and I just need a little down time with ma famille. I hope to get a walk in on Saturday morning and a Bikram session in on Sunday but honestly, other than that, I just want to wear stretchy pants and pick things up with my toes. Happy weekend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge