What I am Buying Today

Comfy shoes? Check.
Stretchy pants for ultimate bending and retrieving? Check.
Elbow pads and war paint? Check.

Yup, it is another Saturday at Ikea. But this trip will be a little less stressful because a) the big purchases are out of the way and b) I am not going with the Husband but with a friend instead. This trip is more about getting the extras that the Husband would not even consider a neccessary purchase and so ergo, an awesome shopping trip for me. I have spent countless hours online and in my head planning room layouts and colour schemes and I have compiled lists upon lists of what we still need to buy. So, today I am buying the following:

Fake lambskin carpet in white (totally practical)
Blinds for the kitchen because the sun shines in there in the afternoon and I will go up in smoke like a bird on a powerline (according to the Husband, this happened a lot in Nairobi where he grew up)
A kitchen table (small and light so this T-Rex can carry it)
A super large dayquilt for our super large new bed
Super large fitted sheets for our super large new bed
Hanging racks
Lots and lots of pillows

Can I carry it all? Who knows. But when I am determined, I can carry anything. You should see what I have already carted over to the new apartment. The Husband was impressed and a little freaked out by my upper body strength. And if I knew a way to strap a fridge to my back, we would have been completely moved in by now. No doubt about it!

After our Ikea trip, I will cart the stuff over to the new apartment and then head home for some R and R with the Kid. Then in the evening I am meeting some peeps for dinner. And then Sunday morning is, wait for it, FORMULA ONE! Oh man! I love this time of year!

So, now it is time to slowly get ready for yet another epic journey. Until later, my friends, until later. Now where are my shoulder pads and jock strap.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge