The Birthday Project - Random Acts of Kindness

Alright, we are getting closer and closer to the big move. While we may only be moving a couple of kilometers away, it feels like a journey of epic epic proportions. Maybe it feels that way because I see this move as not only a physical re-location, but as an emotional one as well. As I mentioned the other week, I currently feel like we are putting pieces of a puzzle together and that hopefully soon, we will see the whole picture. Today we have the ear doctor appointment and earlier today, the child psychologist from the diagnosis centre visited the Kid's daycare to talk. Hopefully she has been able to talk them into extending our deadline in May and most importantly, give them tips on how to handle him. Fingers crossed. Nervously awaiting the outcome.

Last night, da movers, thanks to a great recommendation from a friend, showed up to assess our crap to see how much it would cost to move said crap to the new location. I also requested paintings and mirrors to be hung and our new Ikea bed to be put together and to throw out a few cupboards we no longer need and the price seems to be pretty amahzing. Looks like we will be making the big move on April 18th. Excuse me while I dry heave into a paper bag. Our windows will be replaced this Thursday and Friday and hopefully we will have a date set soon for our new kitchen to be installed. Once again, dry heaving.

On Saturday I am hitting up the man's version of Target; OBI (like Canadian Tire) and purchasing a tap for the kitchen sink and of course PVC tubes so that I can make a little hut for the Kid's room because MOMMY LOVES YOU! DON'T YOU FORGET THAT WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR LSATs!

Anyway, long story short, there's a lot to do. So I feel a little guilty that I cannot currently plan the Vienna Schnitzeljagd that I did last year (2015 will be epic). I tried to think of ideas that wouldn't involve too much time and I stumbled across this little gem. www.thebdayproject.com/ To sum up, a woman turned 38 and instead of gunning down everybody who said "You look good for your age", she decided to do 38 random acts of kindness. She's nice. I thought that this was an awesome idea and wish I had come up with it before her because then I too could have cute t-shirts sold on my site. Wait, I could sell these, right?

Anyway, once we move in to our new place in just over 3 weeks, I am going to try and do something super nice and sweet as often as I can and post about here. For example, today I did not backhand the Husband for not reading my mind and knowing that I wanted extra garlic on my pizza. Sounds pretty noble to me. So stay tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge