Ch ch changes

So, once again, the apartment layout has changed. We have switched room assignments like co-eds at Spring Break - boom! Originally one room was going to be our room, then another room the living room and then the Kid's room was going to be split into two so I could finally have my Carrie Bradshaw walk-in closet on a Roseanne Connor budget - boom! I am on fire today. Anyway, after talking to my mother yesterday, she suggested a suggestion and the Husband overheard and he was all like, "yup, I agree with your mother" and I eventually conceded and now the Husband is smug as smug can be. He may have won the battle, but he hasn't won the war.

So now we have made the largest room our bedroom and we will not be building a wall but instead we will be purchasing screens so that I can have my poor man's walk-in closet. I went back to the apartment yesterday afternoon to come to terms with the re-arrangement. I think it will work. I came home and said to the Husband that we would need a bigger TV in the bedroom due to the new layout. WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN PLAYED?!? I AM THE MASTER OF MANIPULATION BUT THERE IS A NEW KING... well played, dear Husband, well played. Slow clap.

Now, this brings me to the Kid's room. Originally I was going to do a whole Life Aquatic theme but I realized that now we have some extra furniture that needs a home and the furniture is from Kenya so yup, we are going for a safari theme! The kid's new room is big. Like really big, so we are going to divide it with Expedit cubes (thank you Mommy for the suggestion) and on the side by the window will be his bedroom and the other side will be his playroom. I now need to purchase lots of animal print fabric for lots and lots of pillows. I will also cover his Star Wars Darth Vader tent with fabric to make it more safari-like. I figure that since we are not buying a wall, I can spend the money on shoes, I mean decorations.

I can't wait to get started and to actually see the finished product. I'm not a process person. I like things done so this is slowly killing me but at least it is keeping me busy and keeping me from thinking too much about how much the daycare wants to kick the Kid out as soon as possible.

On March 17th we have the first big meeting with the district rep. to see if we can find an integration kindergarten for the Kid. I just want clarity and resolution and then I will feel at peace. Positive thoughts that on the 17th the guy says "Here you go! There's a place at the daycare that you overlook starting next month!"

So, this week's tasks are as follows:
- ordering more crap from Ikea
- buying two more wall light fixtures
- cancelling my gym membership (so sad)
- getting another set of keys made
- buying more canvas for more posters I ordered
- registering ourselves in our new district
- doctor appointment on Thursday for the Kid
- the Husband's bday is on Thursday so I am meeting him at our new apartment in the evening for candles and wine
- changing our mailing address
- buying fabric and misc. safari-themed stuff
- buying silver paint and looking for antique handles
- and, of course, going to work

Here we go! Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge