The Ball Dress

So, as promised, here is the dress I "made" for the ball last month. There aren't any pictures of me in it because that was the day we had looked at our apartment and I was hopped up on real estate and stress-ate and felt gross. But here is a picture of it on my tailor's doll. It was super super comfortable and I think I will wear it around the apartment; the new apartment because I am soon to be the lady of the manor. Just a quick reminder of the before:


And then the after:


What I did was create a v-neck and a slit and then hand sewed (is that right?) gold trim everywhere. I really liked how it turned out and the Spanx paired with it was an awesome idea. Once we are moved in and I am no longer obsessing about carpets and mirrored frames, I will look into buying all sorts of trim and updating my clothes. I feel like this is a simple and affordable way to add pizzazz. Wow, with words like pizzazz I might as well join a Bingo team. And there you have it. My Pinterest challenge.

And just for fun, the Husband looking dapper in his tux. And ofcourse he refuses to look at the camera. As always...

So there it is. Finally!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge