A Crazy Week Ahead

The weekend was relaxing and nice and I threw out a ton of a crap and wondered if I might be a hoarder. SO MUCH STUFF! UGH! Anyway, on Saturday I took an early morning walk with my friend, then after, the Husband, the Kid and I headed to the new place to take some more measurements and since it was absolutely gorgeous out, we tried out our new playground right in the park outside our front door. Bliss. Absolute bliss.

The Husband and I sat on a bench and the Kid tried to play with the one thing that was cordoned off due to repairs. I commend his spirit. Looking around the park, I realized that this ain't no normal park. Oh no, this is a fancy park. Moms are dressed up and kids wear Lacoste. Well, challenge accepted. I felt like a schlub in my plaid shirt and yoga pants and Uggs - my go-to weekend wear for moving and crafting - and cursed myself for assuming this playground would be like the playground we currently live near. There be a lot of mommies in thongs and Adidas. Culture shock. So now I have to completely re-think my weekend playground wear. Sigh. What a tough life.

After about 45 minutes, we packed up and headed to our current place for naptime. I need to stop calling our current place "the bowels of hell" because it really is and really has been a great place. But now when I compare? So hard. So veddy veddy hard. We put the Kid down for a nap and I headed to the new apartment again to glue posters onto canvas. This week I plan to make mirror glass mosaic frames for the posters and my stupidity knows no bounds.

After about an hour, the Husband texted and said the Kid didn't nap and they were on their way over. Wellity, it seems like the Husband does in fact love the new place as well. So we set up the mini-DVD player for the Kid in his soon to be room and we sat in our soon to be kitchen and drank beer and I have to tell you, for the first time like ever, the Kid was in another room by himself for 30 minutes, happy as can be. This new place, it has magic.

The evening was spent back at the bowels of... I mean, our current place and we feasted on fatty food and watched TV. Sunday was pretty much the same but involved throwing out more crap and looking up necklace racks. All in all, a pretty great weekend for my mental health. Not a good weekend for my arteries.

This week is going to be pretty crazy again. Tonight we have the movers coming by to assess our stuff. Then tomorrow we finally have an appointment with the ear doctor. Here's hoping we get some clarity!

I just realized that I have yet to post a picture of my ball gown! Will do that tonight or tomorrow! And stay tuned for my tutorial on making a mirrored mosaic frame. This could go very very well. Or not. Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge