This and That

Well, yesterday was our meeting with the district rep. to find the Kid an integration kindergarten. It was an odd meeting but I was extremely proud of the Kid for not freaking out in the small room we sat in. It seems that there will not be a spot for us at a specialty daycare until at least September which sent me into quiet Greek widow mode. It is definitely going to be a struggle to find a solution but I am just going to have to put my faith in the universe and let it make it so or else I will lose my ever loving mind and turn into a pile of ash, a pile of frustration, a pile of rage. At this point, chandelier and mirror purchasing is the only thing keeping me above water emotionally. Stay tuned to what solution we come up with soon.

In the meantime, let's talk interior decorating. Yay! So, I ordered another chandelier yesterday and my credit card screamed "WHY GOD?! WHY?!?" and I also did a little online shopping for Ikea basics. Yes, a coat rack is a total basic. The layout of the apartment is coming together and little by little I can see the finished product in my mind and it makes me veddy veddy happy.

Yesterday I bought a mirror from a stranger. I looked on the website Willhaben.at and saw an awesome gilded frame and wrote the stranger selling said gilded frame and asked "How much does it weigh?". She responded "5 kilos" and I was like "SOLD!" I showed up last night and bought it and carried it to a bus stop and then took the bus to our new apartment and I kid you not, 5 people randomly complimented me on my mirror. My mirror is awesome. Now I WANT TO BUY ALL THE MIRRORS! So I went back online and found another awesome mirror (this one weighs 10 kilos) and I am picking it up tonight. I have not told the Husband about this because when I came home last night he was like "HOW MANY MORE MIRRORS WILL YOU BUY?" and I mumbled "At least 3" and he was like "WHAT?!?" and I spoke louder and said "One, one more mirror". Oh, how I lie. I want a lot of mirrors. Sue me. I want our place to make the signing of the Treaty of Versailles to look like it took place in a trucker's bar. BOOM! Historical joke! Boom!

Moving on... As I mentioned before, the Kid's room is going to Safarirrific (trademarked that word). So after my jaunt to Ikea which involved the purchasing of many pillows, I headed to my cheapy fabric store and loaded up on animal print fabric. And this is what I made.
Looks a little bit like I was arrested at customs.
They are no sew pillow cases if you were wondering. You were totally wondering, I know you were. To make them, you cut out 2 squares of fabric, and then cut tassels all along the edges and then you knot them together to make a pillowcase. A little time consuming but easy peasy.

On Sunday I brought them to the new apartment along with some other "props" (priceless paintings and antique ritual masks) and this is like the lookbook for the Kid's room. Kind of looks like I pillaged an ancient tomb.
King Tut is pissed
So I still need to make a few more things and to make a hut out of PVC rods but that will all happen soon. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge