Pieces of a Puzzle

Life right now seems like a big puzzle. Like we are sorting out the pieces and each time we add a piece, the picture gets a little bit clearer. I am also big believer in signs and recently, there have been a lot. My mom bought me a Tiffany's key chain back in January (when a new apartment wasn't even in the cards) as a birthday present and I think it is pretty amazing that just a few short weeks later, we signed a lease.

Now, let's rewind to last November. The Daycare started kvetching again about the Kid's behaviour and after one bad morning drop-off, I went online and started searching for a new daycare. Up popped the Montessori and the rest was "history" (you can read what happened there in past posts. Cough). But, in a way, that was a blessing in disguise because the location of the new daycare is just around the corner from our new place. I didn't know that area very well until we started the integration period but every morning I would think to myself "I like this area". Maybe we had to go through the trials and tribulations of proposed re-birthing for us to even get to know our new future neighbourhood. Dear Universe, next time let's make it a little less dramatic, k? An e-mail would have sufficed.

Now that we have finished the diagnosis, we are more determined than ever to get the Kid into a specialty daycare. It is a hard pill to swallow but at the same time, he needs help and we are lucky enough to be in a position to provide it. We will be starting ergotherapy soon and we finally have an appointment with an ear doctor who comes highly recommended in a week and a half. More pieces of the puzzle coming together. We have a meeting on Monday to meet with our new district rep. and I feel incredibly blessed that we just happen to be moving to our new district that seems to have a good amount of specialty daycares near by. Fate. Really.

It has been another rough week. The Nanny told me the other day that one of the providers at the Daycare asked her if she could just take care of the Kid all day and that just crossed a line and I almost went Joe Pesci again. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! GAH! So that was fun. The Kid has been acting up again and I firmly believe that he is sensing a shift in his world and it breaks my heart every morning when he has to go to the Daycare. They don't deserve the awesomeness that is my child. For reals.

And yes, I understand that he is a challenge and that one kid can disrupt the whole group dynamic but this past year has been a cluster f$%ck of mommy shaming and unprofessionalism. I'm so outtie. So now I am waiting for a couple more pieces of the puzzle and then I feel like I will know what faces us. By Monday we should have a better understanding of our next steps and maybe just maybe I can start to be really ecstatic about our future.

I dream of a week when I don't hear how bad my child has been; how he didn't nap, he got upset, he didn't eat his lunch, he doesn't play with others, he doesn't sit in the circle and sing, the other kids, even the new ones, all can identify symbols and your kid still can't after two years, he just doesn't follow instructions. It's heart wrenching. One day I want to be able to hear "HE IS A WONDERFUL BOY!" And I will.

Our apartment has been truly our lucky charm and is the only thing getting me through this time and I truly would like to believe that one day our puzzle will be complete. I apologize for a seemingly sad post but I am hopped up on Nyquil and pretty exhausted after another emotional week. I am heading to IKEA in the morning with a friend and I have a feeling that Meltorp tables will put that spring back in my step. And I promise that I will be updating this blog more frequently because, well, I like the sound of my own online voice. There, I said it. Nighty night my lovely supportive friends and stay tuned for tutorials on interior design and stupid ideas involving crystals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge