A World of Light Fixtures

Before I start talking about lights, let me just let y'all know that I learned some important lessons yesterday:

(a) Always always double check who you are sending your texts to. Accidentally texted the Husband not my friend that I was picking up another mirror after work. I didn't tell him because I knew his head would explode. And since I was buying off a stranger on the Internet and didn't tell the Husband about my whereabouts, I left an address and name with a friend (safety first) in case I was to be brutally murdered. The Husband is not amused.

(b) Men named Bernhard don't always have to be 60 year old men. They in fact can be fairly attractive men in their early 30s selling a mirror.

(c) While I can carry a full length 5 kilo mirror, I cannot carry a 10 kilo awkwardly shaped mirror.

The more you know.

Anyway, on to more apartment interior design. Step by step the place is coming together much to my surprise. There are so many little details to think about For example, I have never ever in my life had to think about light fixtures. In the new apartment there are no light fixtures at all. Just bulbs or wires. And because it is a grand place, a place from 1905, we need special lights. Totally. Thankfully a friend turned me on to a site named Maisons du Monde and I was able to find affordable yet decadent chandeliers and wall lights. Again my credit card is screaming "WHY GOD?!?! WHY?!?!" I also bought some lights from Ikea and Moebellix and let me take you on a little visual journey of our newly purchased lights.

First up, the Kid's room:


Then, our lights for above our bed on the wall. I bought two because I'm the boss of me.


And so they aren't lonely, this light on the ceiling of the bedroom


And what bathroom would be complete without a sparkly chandelier


The kitchen gets a cute light too


This one is for the living/dining room... I call her the Grande Dame

And this is my newest baby for the hallway


All these lights are making me happy and I cannot wait to have them installed. At our housewarming party, I expect a couple of "Wow! Look at those lights!" and then I can be all smug and stuff. So there you have it. Lights. Lots and lots of lights. P.S. the Husband is totally going to kill me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge