Spray Tanning in Vienna - Third Time's a Charm

If you have read this blog, you will have noted that I have a love hate relationship with self tanner. Mostly hate. After years of experimenting and making myself look like a leprosy patient, I decided to try a spray tan 3 years ago. It turned out great and I loved the result but the place was a little creepy and I couldn't face it again. Then two years ago I gave it the old college try again and it turned out great but the place was quite far and I did it on the hottest day of the year and it was nighmarific trying to avoid dripping brown on people on the ubahn. Least popular person on the ubahn that day, my friends and there was some fierce competition.

So the temperature is heating up and even though we aren't firmly into the Spring yet, I'm desperate to not wear panty hose and my legs are so white they are practically blue so spray tan time it is. Sure, people have suggested going to a tanning salon but that ain't happening. I did go a couple of times in my early twenties and each time I had a vision of my mother floating above me yelling "You're gonna get the skin cancer!" Underage drinking? Fine. Not wearing sunscreen? Grounded for life.

I saw a Facebook ad for spray tanning in Vienna and I thought, maybe this time the location will be better, I won't risk waking up in a bathtub of ice with a kidney missing and maybe the price will be right. So I dropped them a line. A woman wrote me back and explained which product she uses: Sienna X and that she could do the tan at her place or, if I had more people, come to my place. I see a party theme coming up and there will be MARGARITAS!!! I asked on the Facebook if anybody wanted to join me and one willing person had time. So off we went on Easter Friday with her toddler in tow. Magdalena (the spray tan lady), said that children were welcome to come because she has a toddler as well. Toddlers do not get spray tans, by the way... just saying in case you watched an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras and thought that that looked like a good idea. It's not a good idea. It's a terrible idea. No one should ever spray tan their toddler. Have I just started a debate where I will get hate mail from moms who spray tan their 2 year olds? Only time will tell.

Magdalena's place is in the 10th district and she has a lovely apartment. She is also absolutely lovely and spent a good 10 minutes explaining the product and procedure. I volunteered to go first and made my friend stay downstairs because I said "If you look at me, I will cut you." I stripped down to shorts and a tank top (Amish tan) because I was feeling gross from too much food the night before. Magdalena assured me that she has seen every type of body and I wanted to whisper "Have you seen gills?" but I didn't want to freak her out. She put cream on the back of my hands and on my ankles and knees and elbows and then started a-spraying. The entire time was less than 10 minutes and then she hosed me down with air and I was ready to go.

My friend was next so I headed downstairs to play with her son. I really think he appreciated the hairnet and robe I was wearing. When her session was done, I told her I had been teaching her son the word "gotten" because she hates my use of "gotten" and obviously I deal with constructive criticism well.

It was a really fun experience and Magdalena did a great job at a great price. I definitely recommend contacting her if you need a little colour. I looked like I had been on holiday and it was very subtle. It lasted about 5 days and I had to add a little more self tanner before our trip to Salzburg because I was wearing outfits showing my legs. I went for a nautical look and you can't be nautical with whitey mcwhite white legs. Her Facebook page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/siennaxvienna?fref=ts

Drop her a line. And if you are interested in making it into a party, let me know and I can arrange a time at my place... with margaritas and chips and dip. But if you look at me in my Amish swimming costume, I'll cut you. Happy tanning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge