Friday Round-up

Yay! Friday! It has been a long week but a great week! Work has been a little busy and it has made the days fly by. I am firmly into day 3 of the Tovaness Project and I have to say... I'm feeling pretty happy. I have been noticing that I am smiling a lot more and I think it is slowly having an effect on the Husband and the Kid. Well, actually, since we got back from Salzburg last Sunday, the Kid has been amazing. I'm not sure if it is because he missed us so much or if he just needed a break from us. I'm starting to think that maybe he feels he needs to come into our bed at midnight every night for our sake and not his. Maybe in his mind he's like "Mommy and Daddy need me there. I shall come to their bed and give them reassuring kidney kicks."? Who knows? But his mood and his behaviour have been exemplary and I could not be prouder.

Is it the therapy working its magic? Could be. We are hearing more and more words and he is definitely taking more of an interest in his old toys. It had been close to a year since he had touched his train set and it broke my heart. But the other day, I took it out and set up a track and he spent 20 happy minutes playing with it and I broke down in tears of joy. He also is interested in his books again. This morning I caught him lying on his back looking at a book about baby ducks. Maybe War and Peace next? We had therapy this morning and he was happy as a clam to go and I am feeling so incredibly happy about the whole thing. So, yay!

I'm also on day 3 of the "week of being unusually nice to the Husband". I'm taking notes so I will write about the end result next week. I haven't seen him that much the last couple of days so he hasn't yet started to suspect anything is off. But now that it is the weekend, he might be noticing the lack of bitchiness and nagging and might start seeing if I am having an affair or something. And now to the Friday round-up!

Number of re-discovered words said by the Kid: 2 (Erdbeer (strawberry) and Quack Quack)
Nepalese restaurants visited: 1 (first time I have had Nepalese food and it was spiiicy so I was happy)
Runs done: 4 (I am up to 18 min. run, 1 min. walk, 20 min. run - I almost died this morning)
Last part of Wolf of Wallstreet watched: 1 (the Husband was very upset about the abrupt ending. I made up the rest and made it seem like it all worked out between him and his wife. He likes happy stories.)
Tickets ordered for a summer ball: 1 (and I cannot wait! Need to get a dress stat!)
Times I have laughed: Countless
Loads of laundry done: 0 (because our nannies are awesome!)
DVD seasons of Burn Notice bought: 2 (I LOVE YOU MICHAEL WESTON!)

I am so happy it is Friday. The Husband and the Kid are at the In Laws right now for a little while. It is great to have a little alone time in the apartment which I am taking full advantage of - wearing Yoga pants and drinking red wine. I will get another run in tomorrow morning (if I can still walk) and then in the evening I am heading to a NOT Going Away Party. And on Sunday morning I am heading to the Opera for a show because I need to smarten up a little. I feel like I have become increasingly dumber since my early 20s. All part of the Tovaness Project, my friends. The rest of the weekend will be spent checking out playgrounds and snuggling the Kid and stopping myself from rolling my eyes whenever the Husband suggests something I don't wanna do. Again, the Tovaness Project. Happy Weekend!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge