Another Round Up of Tovaness Project Pictures

Yay! The start of a long weekend! I don't have many plans for the 3 day weekend. My busiest day will be Sunday; I have a meeting with my editor to teach me how to use a camera for the Eurovision Song Contest and then afterwards I will be heading to Yak and Yeti in the 6th for a charity fundraising event for Nepal. I will be there around 4:30-5:00 for a little bit. I wish I could say I have crazy plans for this weekend but I don't and that is a good thing. In a couple of weeks I will be balls to the walls (boobs to the walls?) in Eurovision so I need this downtime with my family. It would actually be even nicer if my stomach could stop hurting. Since yesterday afternoon I have felt like a life-sized pinata but instead of exploding into a colourful array of candy.. well... you get the point. I briefly considered running full speed against a stomach-high doorknob just to end my misery.

I don't know what is happening internally but "googling" lead to "cancer of the stomach" so I will just keep chugging my Pepto Bismol and live in denial. So anyway, here are the pictures I took for the Tovaness Project. Buckle up.


This is from a morning walk I took going to work. I usually walk to Taubstummengasse Ubahn, but I had some time to kill so I decided to take a walk through the city. I spied this in the window of Swarovski and it made me so happy. This is for the upcoming Lifeball. The Lifeball is an incredible party that takes place annually at the Rathaus (not the House of Rats (my rookie mistake years ago) but rather, City Hall) and all the proceeds go towards HIV/AIDS research. The Lifeball draws in superstars and it is totally on my bucket list to attend one year. Every year there is a new theme and this year's theme is "Gold". I love this Klimt inspired dress. I really really do. And I love gold because I am materialistic.

Next up is the view from our building's front door. Walking out every morning and seeing the park still gives me the happies. We live on the bottom of Drasche Park and I may be biased but I think Drasche park is the prettiest park in Vienna. There, I said it. Now Tuerkenschanz park is going to start sending me nasty Tweets and Stadtpark is going to be all "OH NO SHE DIIN'T!" Cough. Anyway.

Next up, the opera. A couple of days ago I wrote about my opera experience and I have to say, it was so great to be there. Also on my bucket list, the Staatsoper ball. So many balls to go to, so little monies to go. I should sell something. Maybe my soul.

Next up shows my domesticated side. I truly love to cook and if I ever get to work from home, I would spend a large majority of that time marinating and basting crap, yo. But alas, I don't have time for fancy meals. The Husband still doesn't know how to turn on the oven or the stove so cooking comes down to me which is fine. It unleashes my inner Italian (I have absolutely no Italian blood in me, like at all, you could seriously go back 20 generations and the closest to Italian we have in our family is probably that one time my great great Uncle slept with a woman from Jersey. But boy do I have an Italian temper, so there's that) and I love Italian food and here is a picture of a pizza I made the other day because pizza and wine is the easiest way to this girl's heart. Oh, and compliments. And jewelry.

And then this was from the other night. The Husband was out with a friend and I decided to light some candles and yell at the Kid for not falling asleep for over an hour. One friend said it looked like a Meatloaf video and another said it looked like a Bonnie Tyler video and my friends are the funniest.


This photo was from last night. Even though my stomach was hurting, I stiffened my upper lip and headed to the game. A friend of a friend organized tickets and so we were a row of Canadians (mostly women) and boy, you get a bunch of Canadians together to watch their team play hockey and we turn angry. The smack talking, the yelling, the belittling of our own team players for missing a great chance. Wow. The monster comes out. I was very proud. The game was a blast and I realized how much I missed going to hockey games. And Canada won: 4-2. GO CANADA GO! (Sidenote: The woman with the blonde hair in the picture had a tattoo across her upper back. I think it was something in Latin. Her hair covered most of it so I tried to blow her hair off her back. That didn't work. They were Austrian fans so they ended up really hating us).


And finally, we are back to tonight. I am happy to be home and I am happy to be wearing sweats and I am hoping that the stomach pains subside. They are better than before so I have hope that tomorrow morning I will wake up in a great mood and feel light as air. This picture below pretty much is as sexy as I get on a weeknight at home.... pretty damn sexy.


It is slowly time for me to get ready for bed. Columbo is on in about 45 minutes and I hope I can last until then. I'm a closet addict to Columbo. Bless you, Peter Falk. Night night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge