Pictures from the Tovaness Project: Week 1

It is 5 in the morning. I am not going to run. Instead I am going to write and oh look, here comes the Kid. Hey there. Take a seat.

Anyway, as I was saying, it is 5:05 in the morning and I am not going to run. What? You want milk? Fine.

So... it is 5:10 in the morning. I am tired but I have decided to spend this time... Cartoons? You want to watch cartoons. Alright.

Ok, it is stupidly early in the morning. The Kid is awake and snuggled up in a blanket beside me with his milk and I am nursing a Coke Zero because I am nothing if not all about health. Yesterday I received a rejection e-mail for something that I had hoped would have happened. It wasn't personal but I was bummed. With a face like mine, I am used to rejection. Gah... Too early for self-deprecating jokes. Anyway, the e-mail news was a real blow and I actually cried which is totally not how I deal with rejection so it wierded me out. Usually when I hear bad news, I put on a kilt and round up the clansmen. I march through the streets of Paris carrying a pitchfork singing about the angry men singing a song of angry men. I batten down the hatches and hunt for the elusive submarine. In other words, I deflect the pain of rejection by using anger as my tool which propels me to get creative and work harder. This is my MO. My MO decided to go on a holiday so that teary, ugly cry Tova could have her moment. Thanks, MO.

I am of course better today and in a much better mood. I don't stew for long and I don't hold grudges. Thank God, or Bradley Cooper would still be in my burn book for that awful A-Team re-make. Thou shall not mess with my childhood TV shows. Long story short, I am fine and ready to get back to writing about important things: spray tanning, drinking and, of course, me.

Today's post is a bit of a re-cap of the pictures I have taken for the Tovaness Project. Please scroll down to find the post about the Tovaness Project (if you are not familiar with it) because I cannot be assed to link anything today. Not while I have the Kid trying to stick his frigid feet into my t-shirt.

And onto the pictures (if you are a follower of the Operation Tubetop Facebook page, you have already seen these) .

This is actually my favourite. This is from the kindergarten. In the main hallway, they feature 3 kids every month and this month, the Kid was on the wall. Besides the fact that this shows he truly is my son (sparkly things and the hatred of hearing the word "no"), it makes me feel like he is completely accepted and that makes my heart happy.


And of course, our living room and the Kid. One year later and I am still thrilled to live here. Also, note to self: learn how to re-upholster.

And on Saturday, I had to take a few pictures of the Victor Adler Markt in my old hood and then I treated myself to some roses. Fresh flowers make me so very happy. Pink flowers make me the happiest.


This is Palais Schoenburg and I walk past it everyday on my way to work. I've mentioned this place before because I like to brag that I live around the corner from a palace. A PALACE!

And on Sunday I went to the Opera but I could barely walk straight let alone have the dexterity to take a pictures so I just posted a painting of the Staatsoper but you get the idea.

And this here is a picture of my feet. From this angle, it looks like I have elphantitis. I probably did after that run.

And of course, on my way to work, I spied this amazing blossoming tree in my favourite colour and it gave me all the good feels.


So brace yourselves for the next round of Tovaness Project pictures. Have a great day! I will be plotting revenge. Heh.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge