My January Issue of UK Good Housekeeping is Late

So, my January issue of UK Good Housekeeping is late and I'm a little ticked. I ordered the subscription back in September (to be told it would start in January) and I was super excited to get it by the end of December. By January 5th, I realized that it wasn't coming and I got the sads. So I wrote Hearst Magazines customer service and I asked "Yo, yo, yo! Where my mag at ?" but nicely and with proper English. They wrote back 3 days later and informed me that they would resend the January issue... and that it would take up to 28 days to arrive. I've finally written them back. I don't like to give people a hard time because I know that working in customer service is not always a joy because people can be assholes. I always write a company if I have found the service has gone above and beyond my expectations.

A couple of summers ago the Husband, the Kid and I flew to Greece and we were so impressed by the flight attendants on Air Berlin and the fact that they didn't put the Kid on the no fly list that I wrote an e-mail thanking them for the amazing service. They then wrote back and apologized and said they would do everything they could to do better in the future. I then wrote back and said "No, you guys were great. This is not a complaint. This is a compliment." to which they responded with another apology and then I wrote basically saying "TAKE THE DAMN COMPLIMENT!" and now I am scared to fly Air Berlin because I have probably been branded as "Bitch customer" because someone in their customer service department can't read.

So anyway, here is my response to Hearst Magazines that I wrote today:

Dear ....,

The situation is a little frustrating considering I ordered this subscription back in September. I am a Canadian living in Vienna and sometimes a girl just needs an English language magazine to read so that she doesn't feel like she is stuck in some war film. Seriously, Vienna is great but sometimes.... Did you know that shops are not open on Sundays? And that we just got Dunkin Donuts a few months ago. Don't get me started on the fact that I have to practically offer my first born to get a pack of aspirin from a pharmacist.

I know this is not your fault but I hope that in the future the other issues are not delayed. Reading a January issue in February makes me feel sad - that I missed out on articles that most likely featured new year's resolutions and weight loss tips and now I fear that I will spend the rest of 2015 fat. I probably also missed out on tips for discovering the new me and how to organize my life. So not only will I be corpulent, my apartment will be a sty and I will be unable to find anything and I will eventually curl up into a ball, drinking wine and telling my husband and son to leave "chubby not new me Mommy alone." That can't be a good thing.

I don't want to burden you with the what ifs but I also have to wonder about your choice of courier. How does it take 28 days for a magazine to come to Austria from England. Is the magazine taking a little trip to the Lake District, with a weekend in Nice and then perhaps a quick jaunt to the Alps. Or is the magazine trying out its new Fitbit it got for Christmas and therefore walking itself over here. I have to wonder...

But again, I know that none of this is your fault, [...] but there can be such ramifications to a 30 something year old woman missing out on the first subscription of the year. This could be a butterfly effect/chaos theory that could have been prevented if my original contract had been honored. Oh the implications!

I hope my January issue has a fabulous time at Apres-ski and I can only hope that when he finally arrives, that he at least has the good sense not to smell like fondue and sex.

Kind regards,
Tova 



Let's see what happens. Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as much as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

    You can click on CLAIM as much as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will safe in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge