Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2015

Now, I love fashion... adooooore fashion... spend literally hours thinking about fashion... and usually I am rocking my favourite items but I've put on weight so I wait until I can be rocking my favourite items once more. My absolute favourite fashion houses are, in no particular order, Burberry, Chanel, Lanvin, Prada, Christian Lacroix, Dior, Michael Kors and so on and so forth. Do I own all of these brands, no, but a girl can lust and hope that one day she will have a piece from all of them. The thing about fashion is that it truly is subjective. I hate when designers come out with ridiculous pieces that seem like we are all being trolled or that there is an expectation to be thin and tall. I put a lot a pressure on myself weight wise (at this point) because I want to fit into the clothes I already own, not to fit into all the latest trends.


The key to fashion, in my opinion, is wearing something that is flattering, comfortable and makes you feel incredibly confident. I love to look at the trends and see what could be something I could add to my wardrobe. Sometimes I find something and sometimes I see "crop tops" and think, "Designer, say what?!?"
You are drunk, fashion designer. Go home.
So here is a quick cheat sheet regarding some trends for Spring/Summer 2015 with tips on how you can find affordable alternatives that can be added to your wardrobe. Of course this is all dependent on taste, body shape and if you really give a flying (insert dirty word here) about fashion trends. Come on my magical journey!

Shirtdresses: I actually love a class shirtdress. But I don't look great in them. A lot of people can rock the look with a belt and heels or ballerinas. They can be dressed up and dressed down. Such a classic, clean look. Girl crush.

Yellow: I have one yellow dress that I love but I can only wear it when I am wearing the perfect fake tan and even then, it isn't my best colour. There is actually a yellow for everybody but I find that it is a real challenge to find it. If you want to incorporate yellow into your wardrobe, the safest bet is to go for a yellow ballerina, heel, belt, purse or scarf.

Gingham: I love gingham but this is a young print. I would love to be able to rock a cute gingham shirt but I fear I would look like Mary-Ann was left behind by Gilligan and found a stash of Toblerones and now is sad. The gingham print for 2015 is much larger than the traditional small checkered pattern.

Black and white patterns: I love black. I love white. I should try and pair them together. The key for 2015 is to try black and white patterns. I have a couple of black and white dresses that I love to pair with a brightly coloured chunky necklace or with red heels or purse. It adds a "pop" of colour. "Pop" is so obnoxious but I use it all the time. Hate myself.

Culottes: No. Just no. Some people can rock them but I am totally passing on this trend. I say good day. GOOD DAY!


Kimono trenchcoats: This is kind of a cool trend but I can see it date pretty quickly. If one were to lust after this, one should see if stores like H&M or Topshop carry them and then one won't cry into their sake after realizing they spent 1000 dollars on a coat that one will wear once. Also, I would avoid a shiny fabric - it looks a little too much like a housecoat... a sexy housecoat... but you are outside, having brunch. Is this a bad dream? What have I done?!?


Blue and white: This is like the above black and white trend but a little bit harder to accessorize. Go for classic styles and this look will last a long time. Pairing with gold or silver would work. (Sidenote: that dress in the middle is art. I ADORE IT)

All white: Not for a week a month, my friends. I do love all white. But with a toddler, this will mean wearing a tarp until I leave for work.

Obi belts: Not OBI as in the hardware store. More the wrap around/wide belts that are super cute and add a waistline. Unfortunately I don't have a waist so I have to give this trend a miss. Stupid no waist body.

One shoulder: I don't know why but I love one shoulder. Maybe it hides my hump? Maybe it just is more flattering? Don't know but I always find it a classic look.

Wide denim: No. No. Not unless you are going to a party titled "Dress like you are going to a 90's rave!"

Polo shirts: These are always in. I love a classic Polo shirt. It's clean, it's Summer in the Hamptons, it's preppy and clean. I own a couple that I rarely wear but I think I will dig them out. Maybe pair one with some pearls, a picnic hamper and a hedge fund.

Military green: This is always in and out of fashion. I can't wear military green. I end up looking like gangrene. But if you hit the right shade and amount, it can look amazing. I also think that it is pretty interesting that some designers rolled this colour out for Spring/Summer... it really is a Fall colour for me. Deep thoughts.


So those are some of the trends this upcoming season. A lot of them are pretty wearable and easy to add to your wardrobe. Fashion is really just an extension of your personality and I love that I live in a time and place that I can wear what I want.... well... no spandex, that is. Hope you enjoyed this quick cheat sheet! Before you know it, winter will be over and we will all have to start shaving again! Woot!


Comments

  1. Not loving the big black spectacles trend. You?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not on me! I like large sunglasses, though.. Hides my shame ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog with very useful information. Summers are the best seasons to show your fashion sense and be always update with latest New summer fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do more and keep us update you are providing usefull information.
    find more latest fashion styles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge