Dis and Dat

I feel like January is flying by and I have spent a lot of it sick. I was having a long pity party for myself until Saturday morning. Thursday I felt fine to be back at work but I probably shouldn't have gone out that evening. I went to a friend's restaurant to review it (hopefully the review will be up soon, and I can't wait to talk all about it non-stop!) and there was no way I was going to miss that. In my books, a promise made is a promise kept. I had an absolutely incredible time and my one regret is the many many glasses of wine I decided that I JUST HAD TO HAVE. I had not been drinking since New Year's Eve so my long worked on tolerance is gone. All those years of training! WASTED (literally)! So the wine definitely took hold and when I got home, I assumed that I would get at least 6 hours of sleep. I thought wrong.

The Kid woke up at 3 in the morning in our bed and commenced with his "whispering". He does this every time he is in bed. It's this unintelligible whispering that makes me want to call a priest. And at 3 in the morning. it drives.me.batty.

Both the Husband and I left our bed (he headed to the Kid's sofa) and I headed to the living room sofa and then the Kid was pissed that we left him so he followed me. Then I made him lie on the other sofa and he started his whispering again and to stop myself from screaming, I turned on the Interwebs and got lost in a message board. I don't actually ever write on message boards. No, I just get myself a cup of tea, wrap myself in a blanket, and prepare to eye roll or internally yell at all the stupidity. I'm not super judgmental but message boards have a way of making me Ms. Judgy McJudgy Pants of the McJudge Clan.

I ended up with only 3 hours of sleep and Friday truly was a struggle. Friday night I went to bed at 8 and slept on and off until 7 and I woke up feeling absolutely re-born. I finally had my spring back in my step and all was right in the world. I have felt, for almost a month, insane fatigue and now I think I am slowly getting my groove back. I ended up stopping my groove slightly Saturday night when I went to a friend's house for dinner. Again with the wine, Tova! Moderation! So I have now made a vow to really watch my intake when I am around others. I guess I just get really excited to be surrounded by people that I turn into a frat boy. No mo, no mo.

I'm still waiting for my kerblasted Good Housekeeping January issue. I got a half assed apology after my, in my opinion, awesome response. I'm not happy. Gloves are off. Round two is on its way. Stay tuned. Tonight I am heading to a Vietnamese restaurant with some friends. I can't have more than one drink because I need to make it through the whoooole week and not find myself in fetal position due to exhaustion which then leads to me melting cheese on stuff and I am going to a ball in less than 3 weeks and I still have no idea what I am going to wear!! And how I am going to drop 15 pounds by then. And I have to plan the Kid's birthday party which is on the 15th and I have another couple of things to write and make I have to make an appointment for a pedi and a facial and AND OH MY GOD WHY HAVE I WASTED SO MUCH OF JANUARY!?!?!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge