2015 Resolutions

Now I know a lot of people aren't fans of resolutions and there is always the idea that one is just setting themselves up for failure but meh, I LOVE THEM! They all kind of tie into my vision/gratitude journal that I make at the beginning of each new year.

And yes, some things never change (please see last year's resolution re: weight). But that still doesn't stop me from diligently writing down a list every year. So, without further a-do, here are Tova's resolutions for 2015!

Less News Watching: This might seem like a bad one but it isn't. I'm limiting my news finding outting to just headlines and then I am moving on to more important stuff like who wore what better. Now, before you call me an idiot for trying to avoid smart things that people talk about as adults at mature functions, let me clarify. I'm not giving up the news, I'm just giving up the detailed news stories. Ever since I have become a mom, my heart seizes anytime anything terrible happens and I just can't take the seizing no mo. I'll still browse the main sites but no mo clicking on the stories. No mo. We'll see how long I last on this one.

Be Present: This is a hard one for me. I spend so much of my day planning everything and anything that I often lose sight of the actual moment. I love that I have had this time off because I am getting to spend so much time with the Kid and it is forcing me to be present. It is also giving me such amazing moments with the Kid... like when he Dutch Ovened me the other day. Bless.

Eat Better (after the 3-10 day juice cleanse): I'm winding down on Day 1 of the Juice Cleanse. I will be writing a post about that tomorrow and I'm just going to say that I still am undecided on whether I can last the whole 10 days or not. Worst case scenario? I survive three days and then continue juicing for breakfast and lunch with healthy dinners. But besides the juice cleanse, I really need to focus on some clean eating. I did enjoy my short foray into veganism and I wouldn't mind trying that again off and on. And, well, the vegan mac and cheese I made was DA BOMB! I'm just really tired of foie grasing myself. Time for a reboot!

Facial Once A Month: I need to take better care of my skin better... you know.. better.. for all the fashion shows I walk in, magazines I'm featured in and exposes titled "Stars without make up", Oh fine, I just need my skin to not look like I made out with poison ivy every time I exert myself when I walk up a couple of steps.

Daily ABA Therapy With the Kid: We started a couple of days ago and it isn't easy but the Kid understands the process. Does he want to help me help him? No. But we will get there. Pray for me.


Continue to Write: Self-explanatory. Thanks for reading what I write, by the way!


Bikram and Regular Yoga: Hopefully eventually at some point, the Kid will be at daycare fulltime and we will be back to regular scheduling. Then once that happens, I feel like I can actually have a schedule going that I can choose to ignore when I have had too much wine the night before.


Be Grateful Each and Every Day: As I mentioned before, I create a vision/gratitude journal every year. Every night, I try to write 5-10 things that I am grateful for. Example: I am grateful for not cutting a bitch in Billa today. Thank you. And so on and so forth. It really puts everything in perspective and is a good outlet for my rage... I mean, my gratitude.

And that about wraps it up! Happy 2015! Now I will head to bed before I melt some cheese on cardboard to take off the juicing edge. See you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge