Zumba Wii - Political Conspiracy?

I Zumba Wii'd twice today. In the morning, after dropping the Kid off at daycare, I did a medium length class. At lunch I met a couple of friends for bagels, which was a lot of fun, and then I headed home and did a full length Zumba Wii class. I've realised, after talking to my sister, Zumba is the perfect exercise for me right now. I love hitting the cross trainer at the gym (45 minutes of uninterrupted reading) but I don't love waking up at 5:30 every morning now that I am off work. So I have decided to go to the gym twice a week and then mostly focus on getting a lot of Zumba in. The perfect thing about Zumba is that I sweat buckets but I'm not in pain and not terribly out of breath after. The songs seem to be perfectly timed so you don't keel over and die half way through (the songs have another issue, but I'll get to that in a minute). When looking for an exercise you can commit to, look for something that is fun. Last summer I did the Jillian Michaels workout which I mentioned on this blog and it really kicked my ass and not in such a great way. If you are truly looking for a kick your butt till you cry workout, then Jillian Michaels is the way to go. Zumba, on the other hand, is keeping my attention and well, it is fun.

But on to more important stuff. I think Zumba is a political subliminal message. Now, I don't speak Spanish but I have heard things like "political corruption" and then a whole naming of different countries. And not just in one song, but in a few. I mean, I remember back in Toronto when the Husband and were dating and still nice to each other and he had this CD of salsa music and one night I was listening to it and a Spanish speaking friend translated the what I thought was upbeat lyrics. Pretty much the majority of the songs were about depression, lost loves and death. Jeebus. That changed my perspective. I have always loved salsa music and the Husband and I even went so far as to take classes. We would take them at this middle school gym down the street. It lasted an hour and was a lot of fun and at the end we had to clear out quickly because the homeless were coming in for the night. Afterwards we would head out for 5 dollar nachos and cheap beers. It was a great time. But I'm getting off topic. I think Zumba has been created to infiltrate the brains of soccer moms (and bad moms like me) to rise up against the regime. Any regime. I'm telling you, don't be surprised if you read about me in the news donning a Che Guevara hat and talking about Politico Curroptionee in Colombia, Venezuela, and Nicaruaga. And then I'll break out in dance wearing neon workout wear. This shit's dangerous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge