The Fast Diet

As I have mentioned before, I have tried a lot of different diets, eating plans, starvation, etc. I can work out til the cows (me) come home but the real key to weight loss is food. Here are the diets I have tried in the past:

Atkins: I had great success low carbing but to be honest, I'm kind of done with this eating plan. I think it has a lot of value and is still a great diet but I always would get to a point where I would like seriously cut my own husband for a bagel.

Slimfast: This one ain't bad if you have about 5 pounds to lose. The shakes are ok priced and the idea is that you have one for breakfast, one for lunch and then a low calorie dinner. It's doable for a week or two and then the idea of consuming another shake drives me to homicidal thoughts.

Dukan: I lasted a day.

Lots of small meals throughout the day: This one is good but my small meals ended up being big meals and then I was eating about 7 large meals a day and well, that ain't good.

Even though I am eating a lot healthier than in the past and I actually feel healthier, I do want to continue to lose weight because I am vain. In recent months I have read about The Fast Diet or also known as the 5:2 Diet. I decided to download the book the other day and to check it out.

The idea is that for 2 days of the week, you keep your calories low (500 calories per fast day). The rest of the week you eat normally and lo and behold you are supposed to lose weight. Sounds doable. I had my first fast day on Wednesday and did well. I had soup and I even abstained from alcohol. Today is my second day for this week. I will most likely have artichokes and a salad for the day. There is research that supports this type of diet plan but like anything technical or important, I skimmed over it. I will be your guinea pig and let you know what the results are in a few weeks. What I like about this plan is that I can choose which day to "fast" on. Next week I will most likely choose Tuesday and Thursday but it depends on what my plans are. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge