Painting and Cupcakes

This morning I painted the bathroom and toilet doors and the frame of the door in our living room. The paint store suggested sanding first and I laughed and I laughed. I have a sander from when I decided to repaint an old 1970's Ikea glossy blue dining room table. I had blue snot for days. Since then, I have avoided sanding. So I just went straight to work and the doors are all streaky but actually, it looks kind of neat. Kind of weathered and beachy and oh God, I hope the Husband doesn't kill me tonight when he gets home. Probably should shave my legs and put on a low cut top.

My next big project involves redecorating the toilet. We currently have ugly brown tile on the walls and ugly brown tile on the floor. But I am not going to paint it. Oh no no no. No more painting. Instead, I am going to add stuff. I am on the hunt for old wooden frames which I will paint white and add some interesting flower collages onto canvas and hang them all around the toilet. The colours will be light and white and we'll just have to wait and see what the end result will be. Fingers crossed. I have faith. I also have to buy a new white toilet seat that has to be made out of wood. Please don't ask why. It's what the Husband wants. If the Husband wants a wooden toilet seat, baby gets a wooden toilet seat, because really, he gets so little otherwise. I will be tackling the toilet next week.

So I have the afternoon free now which will involve an hour of Zumba and then I will walk into the center and check out a cupcake store I have been meaning to check out for a long time. Mommy wants a cupcake. Tonight I am making chicken sandwiches with Swiss Chalet sauce because Swiss Chalet sauce is quite possibly one of the best sauces in the whole entire world. If you are Canadian, you know what I am talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge