An open letter to Gwen Stefani


Oh Gwen Stefani! Thank you for advertising for Loreal blonde haircolour. Yes, of course you head home after a long day of work (or maybe during a Saturday afternoon while your toddler throws himself against the locked door like a battering ram) with your 10 dollar box of dye and stand in your bathroom inhaling fumes as you read a magazine just for its pictures. And then Gwen, I am sure you look at your timer and step into the shower and wash out the dye that has given you a buzz on par with a college hall party. And after you have left that conditioner that comes with the dye in your hair you step out of your shower and towel dry your hair and look in the mirror and think “Not bad”. Gwen, listen, I know that you most likely do not do any of the above. You have a lot of money and I don’t think you head to your local Walgreens to touch up your roots - and that is a-ok.

But I do have to thank you for being a spokesperson - it totally caught my eye in the drugstore. And now I can say that my hair is no longer a brassy splotchy orangey mess. Yes, I am blonde. Thank you Loreal.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge