Healthy Recipe

I stole this from my old blog.. I made these the other night and I forgot how could these are... And I trick myself into eating veggies... To cut down on calories you can omit the parmesan and instead of olive oil for frying, use Pam... Bon Apetit!

Veggie Fritter Things

One small package of frozen veg. (I use the peas, corn, carrot one)
One cube of veggie stock
1 egg
2 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
3 tbsp of flour
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for frying
1 onion

Drop the stock cube into a pot of boiling water. Add frozen veg and chopped up onion to the boiling soup until the veg is cooked slightly. Strain and then add to a blender with the parmesan. Pulse a couple of times until the veg is slightly mushy (technical term). Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl (the colour will be icky but don't be afraid). Add the one egg, flour, breadcrumbs and seasonings and mix together. (Colour will still be icky). Heat a pan up with the olive oil to medium heat. Once completely heated, add spoonfuls of the veggie batter to the pan to make small pancakes. Flip over and cook both sides until they are a deep brown. Place the finished pancakes on a paper towel to soak up any extra grease. Serve with any sauce you like! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge