Sunday Morning

Good morning Sunday! Looks like it is going to be another scorcher of a day. This heat is making me a little twitchy because I have about 50 pashminas in my closet looking at me. "Tie me around your shoulders!" "Casually toss one side over your back!" "Colour coordinate me to your outfit!" I know my lovelies... I know. Even though I am on a no shopping budget.. I did a little shopping on Friday online. I needed new shoes for fall and H&M had an amazing sale and I may or may not have got a couple of dresses as well. Dammit, no more money spending, Tova.

The last time I wrote, I was having a quiet night at home on Wednesday. I ended up falling asleep early and yet I woke up in the middle of the night, unable to sleep for a couple of hours. On Thursday I met a friend at Cafe Hawelka for a drink (the Hawelka grandson was briefly there and I don't want to say he took off as soon as he saw me but yes, I think he took off as soon as he saw me) and then headed home for another night at home. Again the Kid was a joy and again insomnia hit me. Blech.

I went to work on Friday and over the lunch break, a friend and I came up with the ideal fantasy co-worker. 30 minutes of discussion and we came up with this guy:

Named Karl or Claude
Half French/half British
Dark hair, slight tan
Wears tailored button up shirts like that German football coach. Wears said shirts with the sleeves rolled up
Hobby kick boxer and medal winning skier (he doesn't tell us about the skiing because he is humble but we find out through is elegant feminist professor mother who shows us pictures)
Speaks 4 languages fluently
Has a trust fund but works full time
Worked with orphans (friend says that is too intimidating but I'm cool with that)
Owns terrace apartment that overlooks Vienna and invites us often for BBQ and drinks
We are his gal pals
Slight stubble
Swears in French
Has small tattoo covering strange scar but he doesn't like to talk about
Had his heart broken and has a hard time trusting people (besides us)
He defends our honour in a bar one night against a Chechen war lord
He drinks red wine and beer
He looks kind of like this: (yes, we know that is Prince Carl but we didn't before.. it's like we were solely responsible for creating him. You are welcome, Sweden)

Man, we had so much fun. But then when I said that Karl/Claude likes going to the opera, S.R. said that she would prefer to do something else, so then we came up with the fact that he has an older twin brother. So win for all! And by the end of the day, they were royalty and the older twin brother would sell a family heirloom to pay for my autism center. Yes, we are nuts. We excitedly told Office Twin all about Karl/Claude and he just stared at us and then said "This is by far the strangest thing you two have ever ever ever done." and I think he was just jealous that we weren't talking about him.

After work on Friday, I met a friend for a drink at Cafe Gitarre. We chatted for a couple of hours and then I went home and made dinner... The best mac and cheese I have ever made, thank you very much. I then sat on the sofa and complained about how much mac and cheese I ate. The next morning I woke up, did some grocery shopping and then the Husband went to his mother's birthday lunch and I stayed home with the Kid. In the afternoon he returned and I packed my picnic bag and headed to the Donauinsel for a Vienna Würstelstand BBQ. It was HOT out and I carried an umbrella because this girl don't tan after September.

I got there at 5 and tried to find my posse but no luck. Luckily a friend arrived shortly thereafter and we sat and chatted and waited for more people to show up. Finally the BBQ arrived and so did most of the crew. We found a spot on the hill and popped open our drinks. My drink of choice at BBQ's is a small bottle of bubbly with a straw. It's snack pack size and easy to hold. The coals were lit and a couple of hours later, we were eating all the extras from Animal Farm. I realized just before 9 that I was starting to fade. The few nights of insomnia were finally catching up with me. A couple of people were leaving at the same time and it was dark and scary and I thought it best I walk to the Ubahn station with them to like protect them and stuff. I got home around 9:45 and by 10:30, I was in a deep sleep. I slept through the night! Hurrah! Hooray!! No middle of the night 3 hour Pinterest party for me! I am definitely feeling more refreshed this morning and we are currently trying to decide what to do. The Kid is in a fantabulous mood and it is going to be hot so who knows! The world is our oyster! In other news, I finally have a location for the ABA Therapy Seminar that I am hosting on the 29th. Thanks to my friend K.P., I was able to book a place close by to where I live. Fingers crossed we have a large turn out! If you are interested in attending, check out the Autism in Vienna Facebook page for details and send me an e-mail. I wish you all a fantastic Sunday! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge