I Need an Intern

I always say this but it is true... I really do need an intern. Today was absolutely wild and thank goodness that tomorrow is a holiday for me. Huzzah! I woke up early and wrote several e-mails and messages and then got the Kid dressed and ready for kindergarten. He jumped on his bike and we made our way to school. It is literally just around the corner and the only hazards are little dogs and other pedestrians. He is pretty good about not zooming down but I hold him by the hood of his sweater lest he thinks I am running in heels down a hill. I kissed him good bye and made my way to work, wondering when I moved to Southern California because it is like 30 degrees Celsius and already the middle of September!!!

I sent some more e-mails during the day and did my work and at 3:30, ran to the Ubahn to go visit my friend K.P. and her adorable twins and son. And chatted with her in laws. I drank wine, talked, held a baby and at 5:30 I had to run and catch the bus to go to the grocery store and then home to relieve the nanny. I made dinner, the Husband came home, we ate and then I decided to go for my first run in a week. I am not happy about this. My heel is still tender and I hate that I am not able to do more. The run is in 2 weeks and I might need to bring roller blades because GAH! But I feel ok right now, if not a little dizzy from losing a lung along the way. I am making a doctor's appointment soon because yesterday I spent the majority of the day on the sofa, feeling exhausted which also means I was a complete wreck. Saturday night I actually had a great night's sleep with no insomnia and initially when I woke up, I felt great but an hour later, I was in fetal position, thinking about wills. I don't get very tired and not being able to do a bazillion things at the same times sends me into a depression (for reference, please see any blog post about me being sick. I'm obnoxious). I feel much better today but I need to be a big girl and go and see a doctor and make sure I am just being over dramatic and not, you know, dying. YES I KNOW I AM DRAMATIC!

We are in the midst of potty training and to excuse my French, it is a big old fucking nightmare. The Husband is much better at this than I am. I decided to take a bath last night and all I could hear for the 30 minutes I was in there was "Go potty!" "NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIN!!!" "JA!" "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIINNN!!" "JA!" It was like a terrible Benny Hill sketch and I could hear the Kid running back and forth screaming "Nein".  There are not enough lavender bath salts to drown that out. The silver lining is that they were actually having a conversation so there's that. The Kid is non-verbal. He used to speak but lost all of his words about 2.5 years ago. As I posted on Facebook yesterday, this is heart breaking, but the one advantage is that the Kid can't tell on me when I do stupid stuff. One example would have been yesterday when the Husband was out. Sometimes I burn sage because I can be a little hoody doody and stuff but whenever I do, the apartment smells like roasted chicken and I end up hungry. This time I decided to try and burn dried lavender. The thing lit up like a flare and I ended up running the fastest I have ever run to the nearest sink, as embers flew off and tried to singe our polyester furniture. Thank God the Kid couldn't tell on me. Yet...

In other news, the Vienna Würstelstand article about the top 8 Schnitzels in Vienna came out. I covered the Skopik und Lohn one and I am totally infatuated with this restaurant. I wrote about my awkwardness a few weeks ago and the owners were so incredibly lovely and their Schnitzel rocks. I will be back. I am back from my run (it wasn't great. I got a stitch.) and I am showered and ready for an early night. The fantastic news is that tomorrow is a work holiday. I will have a quiet morning and then I am meeting a friend for lunch at Miznon. In the afternoon I will meet a couple of friends at the Beaver Brewing Company and then I will be home at 6 since the Husband will be out. I am looking forward to a chill day which will of course involve many more e-mails and messages and I really truly need an intern. Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge