Beer Buddies, Inappropriate Humour and the Trampoline

It was so so so nice to have a day off yesterday. I was expecting a package all morning and of course it did not come. Which of course makes me twitchy because I wore a bra and yoga pants expecting the mail man to come. I would have taken a nap as well. BASTARDOS! I was actually expecting two packages... Grrrr. But in the end, the morning at home wasn't too bad. I watched Murder She Wrote and wrote many many e-mails. At 12:30, I headed out to meet my friend at Miznon for lunch. We walked into the very loud restaurant and ordered our food. The guy smiled when I said "Tova" because that name don't get more Hebrew than that. Unless you are Swedish. He said it a few times and when I paid he said "Tovilein". I blushed. My friend and I sat down and talked and then my name was called out loudly. Say it again! We ate and caught up and then I made her sign paperwork because she is one of my board members for the autism center. After lunch we walked to Schwedenplatz and stopped for some ice cream. Kind of a perfect summer lunch in Vienna. Around 2:30, I jumped onto a tram and made my way to the Beaver Brewing Company to meet some buddies.

By 4, we were a group of 5. One friend showed up and asked the server for "Beer". We just cackled because ordering "beer" at the BBC is like ordering "shoes" when you walk into a shoe store. You have to be specific. At one point the talk turned a little political and somehow I brought up the fun fun theme of  "flag burning". One guy from Iran said "Notice how she looked at me when she said 'flag burning'?" and then I howled in laughter. A little while later we talked about tequila and he mentioned he had eaten the worm. I eloquently made gagging sounds and then he said "It tastes just like ham!" and I said "Said the Iranian to the Jew..." and then we high fived. This is what is so important about humour. It is a universal human need to laugh and if you are willing to make fun of yourself, and respect others (kind of), you will have fewer conflicts. It was a lovely afternoon with a lot of laughter and of course beer.

I ran home and thanked the Nanny. The trampoline I had ordered had finally arrived! And the box was HUGE! All I could think was "oh crap... the Husband is going to kill me". I have read a lot of information saying how good trampolines are for children with autism and ADHD and I finally decided to buy one. As soon as the Nanny left, I put the box on the ground and got some scissors. The Kid was already excited about the large box. I opened it up and pulled out the large large trampoline and noticed that I only had to screw on about 8 legs which was a relief because I have had too many accidents with screw drivers. Don't ask. Apparently I was not going fast enough because the Kid kept headbutting it from the side and yelling at me. I was under pressure and it fell like a scene from a movie "Cut the yellow wire! CUT THE YELLOW WIRE!" as I sweated and gave myself carpal tunnel syndrome by screwing in those damn legs. Finally it was done and I proudly placed it on the ground, ready for the Kid to bounce like crazy. Did he? No, the bugger just sat on it. I got on and jumped, hoping to show him how it worked. Nope. He continued to sit. I jumped a couple more minutes and accidentally fell off. At that point I said "Fine! Whatever! Stupid trampoline!" and the Kid continued to sit on it, looking happy. Oh well, I imagine in a few days he will figure it out and then all Hell will break loose.

I put him to bed after rolling his plus-sized trampoline into his room. I turned on the TV and watched a little bit of Revenge and then by 9:30, I was ready for bed. I actually got a decent night's sleep and by 5 a.m., I was ready to get out of bed and enjoy the quiet and dark morning (while writing this post (martyr moment)). This evening I will be heading to a friend's place for some wine and then later I will be meeting another friend at an Italian pizzeria around the corner from my place. Tomorrow will be another day of work and then I will be meeting another friend for a drink, then I will run home, try to get the Kid to jump on the blasted trampoline, change into something not soaked in sweat, and then I am going to a celebration for Mexican National Day at a palace also around the corner from my place. The 4th district is where it's at, yo! Thank goodness I have a quiet weekend planned. I wish you all a fabulous evening! Stay tuned for more stories that may or may not involve tequila. Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge