A Quick Dis and Dat Post

Hi Thursday night and shortly bye Thursday night. I am exhausted! Last night I got home and had a couple of wonderful hours with the Kid. He is truly such a joy to be around and I love seeing him so engaged and so full of energy. I try not to go out more than twice a week but this month has been and will be crazy. But I am trying my best to see him as much as possible. As moms, we are often guilted into believing that if we are not home every evening, we are somehow terrible mothers. I don't buy into that because I think the best mother is a happy mother.. unless you are Kris Jenner. Totally different.

Tomorrow until Sunday I will be at Feschmarkt helping out with The House of Canada. We just got a new shipment in of some more awesome products and I am so so so excited! Please come on by, we will be on the 3rd floor by the stage and we have everything you need for Christmas and presents for awesome friends. I will be clad in plaid and wearing my hipster Henry Kissinger glasses because I has gots to blend.

Tomorrow night I will be heading to a party with a friend and this promises to be another surreal night. I am bringing an outfit to change into because I don't think plaid will fly where I will be going. Or maybe it will but I really can't carry off the hipster look at a party because I invariably end up clapping like a seal after a couple of glasses of wine and that totally ruins my street cred. So black dress and heels it will be. And maybe some Vogueing.

Today was an incredibly stressful afternoon at work. Suddenly I had a mini panic attack and I think it might have had something to do with the 4 hours of sleep I had gotten the night before. The Kid went to bed at his normal time and while I sat down beside him in his room, I leaned over to give him a good night kiss and he placed his hand on my face and then gently pushed me away. I asked him "Do you want me to leave?" and he responded with his version of "bitte": buh buh. And I got the hint. I watched some TV and then crawled into bed. At 2:45 I was awoken by his high pitched yelling. I immediately got out of bed and ran to his room. He was sitting up in his bed and was just doing his version of yodelling. I got him some milk, told him gently to lie back down, and went back to bed. His yodelling continued for a solid 20 minutes and I got up again to make sure he was alright. He was fine and I went back to bed. I had just started to drift off when the high pitch noise started again. This time I was annoyed "Lie down! It is 3 in the morning!" and he was quiet and I went back to bed. 10 minutes later, again the high pitched noise. By the 4th visit to his room, I had lost my patience "What?! What?!!? Go to sleep! GO TO SLEEP!!"

Of course, since I rarely lose my temper with him, he started to cry and I felt like the biggest asshole on the planet and I sat down beside him and soothed him until he felt better. Then I went back to bed, confident that he would finally fall asleep. I was wrong. Finally just after 5 he did fall asleep and I was wide awake by then. Ugh. So I was exhausted today and ergo brain dead. After work, I grabbed a taxi and headed to the Ottakring Brewery where the Feschmarkt is taking place. I couldn't find the entrance, because, you know, lack of sense of direction so I walked up to a gate where a man was talking to a couple of people and I asked "Um, Feschmarkt?" and he smiled and said "Yes, the entrance is on the other side. But if you want, I can show you a short cut!" Having no sense of STRANGER DANGER! I followed him into an industrial yard. He took me past a sign that said "Everlast trailer" and for a second I thought I was back in the 90s. Luckily he was just a nice guy who saw me as a lost and chubby woman in mom jeans and pointed me in the right direction. I entered the warehouse and eu mah gawd is this place INSANE! I hope some of you can make it this weekend. Our stand is looking fab and I am ready to sell sell sell! But before that, I need to head to bed and read a little and maybe say a little prayer that I am not woken up by the pint-sized version of a fire alarm. Nighty night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge